Help! Teto English Won't Say What I Want Her To!

Blingee G

Momo's Minion
Ok, so I installed presamp, I tried installing TT English Input Helper, I've even tried OpenUTAU, but I can't seem to get Teto to say anything that begins with "R" or "L"! You see, I'm working on a talkloid, and I'm trying to get her to say "Ruko", but to no avail! Am I missing some files or something?

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Have you tried not using presamp?
I've had trouble using presamp, so I quite honestly just manually tune it with TT.E.I.H while not using the presamp function.
It's difficult when you don't get the sample if you want, otherwise just time consuming.
Source: I've done my part in Teto Talkloiding.
I've used Moresampler for this, and I will continue using Moresampler.
Just a tiny bit of testing, the closest approximation I could get within 5 minutes would be
[- ro][o k][ku]
I generally just find presamp functionality to be something I deem unnecessary.
And, yeah, it wouldn't do anything when beginning with r when I tried.
Either way, if the presamp thing doesn't work, simply do it manually.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ok, so I installed presamp, I tried installing TT English Input Helper, I've even tried OpenUTAU, but I can't seem to get Teto to say anything that begins with "R" or "L"! You see, I'm working on a talkloid, and I'm trying to get her to say "Ruko", but to no avail! Am I missing some files or something?
The name "Ruko" is not common and will not be found in a typical English dictionary. You'll have to input it phonetically.

Reactions: xyompltrine

Blingee G

Momo's Minion
The name "Ruko" is not common and will not be found in a typical English dictionary. You'll have to input it phonetically.
Ik, but idk how to input it phonetically! I've tried putting in "ru", "Ru", "rU", etc., and it doesn't make any sound!

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ik, but idk how to input it phonetically! I've tried putting in "ru", "Ru", "rU", etc., and it doesn't make any sound!
ah, ru
First, right-clicking anywhere else in the note graph(?) other than a note brings up a menu where you can choose Sound List. This allows you to see all the samples in the voicebank.
Second,
[- ru], or [- rU]
gotta remember the dash at the beginning for this
Additionally, it seems that with the english bank, some samples have the necessary """flow""" samples, say the [E hu] note, but many samples don't, instead making use of the -, say the [- ru] I mentioned.
Some madman could most likely grab the samples and mod them to create an "expanded" voicebank but I don't think that's necessary with good tuning anyhoo.

Blingee G

Momo's Minion
Have you tried not using presamp?
I've had trouble using presamp, so I quite honestly just manually tune it with TT.E.I.H while not using the presamp function.
It's difficult when you don't get the sample if you want, otherwise just time consuming.
Source: I've done my part in Teto Talkloiding.
I've used Moresampler for this, and I will continue using Moresampler.
Just a tiny bit of testing, the closest approximation I could get within 5 minutes would be
[- ro][o k][ku]
I generally just find presamp functionality to be something I deem unnecessary.
And, yeah, it wouldn't do anything when beginning with r when I tried.
Either way, if the presamp thing doesn't work, simply do it manually.
Ok, I'll try...
ah, ru
First, right-clicking anywhere else in the note graph(?) other than a note brings up a menu where you can choose Sound List. This allows you to see all the samples in the voicebank.
Second,
[- ru], or [- rU]
gotta remember the dash at the beginning for this
Additionally, it seems that with the english bank, some samples have the necessary """flow""" samples, say the [E hu] note, but many samples don't, instead making use of the -, say the [- ru] I mentioned.
Some madman could most likely grab the samples and mod them to create an "expanded" voicebank but I don't think that's necessary with good tuning anyhoo.
I tried putting in "- ru" and "- rU", and it didn't work! Also, I don't see "- ru" or "- rU" in the sound list, I think I'm missing some files...

Attachments

• 2022-02-20 (1).png
    2022-02-20 (1).png
    118.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 2022-02-20 (2).png
    2022-02-20 (2).png
    119.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 2022-02-20.png
    2022-02-20.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 6

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ok, I'll try...

I tried putting in "- ru" and "- rU", and it didn't work! Also, I don't see "- ru" or "- rU" in the sound list, I think I'm missing some files...
top 10 epic missing files moment
Well, there's your problem.
Only thing to do now is to wipe your current english teto copy off your UTAU and grab a new one off the site.
The last drop-down gives you the english bank, choose the download button at the bottom to get the voicebank.
If you're ever confused or wondering why sound doesn't exist, check the sound list to see if the sample

Blingee G

Momo's Minion
top 10 epic missing files moment
Well, there's your problem.
Only thing to do now is to wipe your current english teto copy off your UTAU and grab a new one off the site.
The last drop-down gives you the english bank, choose the download button at the bottom to get the voicebank.
If you're ever confused or wondering why sound doesn't exist, check the sound list to see if the sample
OMG it WORKED!! Thx SO much!!