Help with FLStudio?

rebellioustroll

Teto's Territory
Hey guys...I was wondering if there's anyway to apply effects on an selected part of a track in FL Studio? Kind of like in Audacity where you select a certain part and then apply effects to only in that part...Is there anyway to do something similar in FL? I'm very confused, so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

(PS: I have FL Studio 8)

irei1as

Teto's Territory
With REAPER (where you can't use FX in a particular zone) the way is to split the zone you want into a new track and use the effect in that particular track. You can just join the parts later.

Maybe FL behaves in a similar way?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You can create an automation clip of the on/off for the effect, and set the places where the effect will be used.

Karma Drak-pa

Teto's Territory
In first place, I strongly recommend you to update to FL Studio 11, which is waaaaaay better than FL Studio 8 (updates are lifetime free).

Then, you can take a look at Seamless' FL Studio Basic Tutorials series, where he explains everything about.... well, you guessed it, about the basics of FL Studio (link to the playlist)

But to give you a quick answer, you need to link your audio tracks to tracks into your mixer. For this, you select in your channel list (which appear when you press F6) your audio track (there should be a green light at the right of your object), and then you right-click the desired track in your mixer (which shows up by pressing F9) and you click on "link selected channel" > "to this track". Then, on the right side, you can add up to eight effects by clicking the little arrow.
Generally, as Adlez27 said, you can generate automation clips by right-clicking parameters and clicking on "Generate Automation clip". It will allow you automatically modify the parameter during the song. You can create new points by right-clicking the lower part of your automation clip.
Almost all of these parameters are analogically editable, and some parameters are on/off.