how do you make a voice bank like is there a step by step guide

m-miyu

Momo's Minion
so i know the basics to make one like you record vowels but what do you do after that?

SneezyEevee

Momo's Minion
Hi! So once you record your reclist, put it all in a folder and when you open UTAU, There's the toolbar at the tippy top, go to Tools(T) > Option(O) > Bank Regist. > then go to the blank box next to location and press select to choose your folder. Then press add. Now, Go to Project(P) on Utau's toolbar, > Project Property, and Project Configurations window should pop up. Theres a box next to "Voice Bank" and it has some Japanese characters in it and a drop down arrow. This is Defoko I believe. Click the drop down arrow to find the folder you added to the Bank registry. Press ok. Now your Utau should be accessible.

Next, you'll need to oto all your recordings. Go to Tools(T) > Voice Bank Settings(S) and all your recordings should come up in a list and it will show a bunch of stuff you can do to set parameters for your recordings. There are some good oto tutorials on this site that can help you get started. Basically the Launch Editor button brings up the oto editor. Let me know if you need any more assistance :wink:
Post automatically merged:

Also make sure when you compile your recordings in a folder, that its all in a list and visible, I've tried adding a folder of recordings into the main folder for simplicity/organization purposes and UTAU didn't read it

Reactions: m-miyu

m-miyu

Momo's Minion
Hi! So once you record your reclist, put it all in a folder and when you open UTAU, There's the toolbar at the tippy top, go to Tools(T) > Option(O) > Bank Regist. > then go to the blank box next to location and press select to choose your folder. Then press add. Now, Go to Project(P) on Utau's toolbar, > Project Property, and Project Configurations window should pop up. Theres a box next to "Voice Bank" and it has some Japanese characters in it and a drop down arrow. This is Defoko I believe. Click the drop down arrow to find the folder you added to the Bank registry. Press ok. Now your Utau should be accessible.

Next, you'll need to oto all your recordings. Go to Tools(T) > Voice Bank Settings(S) and all your recordings should come up in a list and it will show a bunch of stuff you can do to set parameters for your recordings. There are some good oto tutorials on this site that can help you get started. Basically the Launch Editor button brings up the oto editor. Let me know if you need any more assistance :wink:
Post automatically merged:

Also make sure when you compile your recordings in a folder, that its all in a list and visible, I've tried adding a folder of recordings into the main folder for simplicity/organization purposes and UTAU didn't read it
thank you (^///^)

Reactions: SneezyEevee