How many of you update your UTAUs?

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I update my UTAUloids' main voicebanks once a year on their anniversaries. I record and update appends whenever I feel like it.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The Wiki recommends updating once per year. I am of the opposite opinion. Only update when you have a reason to update and don’t be afraid to use Revision & Version numbers instead of "acts". That entire ”Act” system is retarded and should be abolished. Thats one thing the fandom took from Crypton that we don't need.

I am of the belief that you shouldn't go up in iteration number unless there is s major difference between each iteration. IE you changed the reclist, pronunciation, recording environment, technique, or equipment.

Don’t update for the sake of updating, not gonna impress anyone by doing that. Feel free to take your time, a higher quality end-product is worth the delays.

Iscabird

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I have future plans for Ran and Lock.

They'll happen when I get a new recording setup, I hope.

Asteriski

Teto's Territory
TBH, if your voice is still changing, I'd recommend updating frequently so your UTAU doesn't have massive leaps in voice types like mine did.

Rokurin

Momo's Minion
For me , updates usually happen when I get  a new mic or try  a different recording method. Otherwise I don't have a legit reason to do so.

Asuka

Teto's Territory
I update my VB from time to time.
My ACT1 VB was a bit pitchy and some of the oto.ni were off, so I fix that.
Every time I make my UTAU sing, I would find some problem and fix that; and over time, a lot of her phonemes and oto.ni would have been updated.
When that happens, I compress it for DL as ACT1.5 instead of ACT1.

I chose 1.5 instead of 1.1.0 because there was a lot of errors I fixed, and found no reason to name it 1.1.0 when I won't be fixing much other errors as it didn't look like it needed any more.

My initial plan was to record ACT1 and have Asuka be a bit "known" and hopefully get feedbacks. After I got some critiques, I would implement those into my later voicebanks ACT2 and up, and eventually when it is, say, "perfect;" I might stop at that.

When I recorded her voicebank, I didn't want her to sound human at all; in fact, I wanted her to sound like an UTAU-- like Teto-- robotic, kind of. This was because I planned on making a VCV (and possibly CV-VC, CVC, etc.) and her Soft, Strong, etc APPEND later on; which would feature her with more human-like features.

So in short, yes I update my UTAU('s) ovo~

deactivated

Teto's Territory
My opinion on this, is people always re-do or update their first bank.

Always.

The first plain CV is usually terrible, rarely do the furst banks come out perfect and useable. I'm not talking about the first of a new bank (like making a second voice that you did voice acting for or something), I mean the very first one you make.

Dont be discouraged, someone has to start somewhere right?

Make it, use it, learn, make a new one. I had 3 acts to my CV, two of which were unreleased. I had 2 VCVs, both unreleased. And I rerecorded my English CVVC twice, constantly changing and adding onto it. Also unreleased.

So people update a lot, even small things. Some people feel the need to record 122345234 acts or appends, or just make 234534 CV banks with different voices. Others just work really really hard on making one voice perfect, recording it over and over until they deem worthy.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
last time mine was updated was about a year ago...maybe? or 2/3

I used to update my VB monthly.

thats why I have 10 VB versions. I like to tweak the oto a lot to make shure it sounds okay...when I get a new mic I'm going to make a website and re-record

EDIT:

I also don't use acts. I use releases (EX: dL R2u14 (release 2 update-minor- 14))

redwolf21

Teto's Territory
I don't know if I posted on this yet =w=

But...
For me personally because I'm awful with samples...
Might release an ACT 1.1 because apparently I missed some sounds D:
But it will be after I do more song covers of my own
Just to see if I have any more that I've missed. 
Keiko's still relatively new, so I'm not.. too.. worried... about people sending me messages of complaint.... yet....... /shot/

So I'm probably going to constantly update? Or update when I find problems TwT

dem_princess

Momo's Minion
I update my main one every half year. owo
As for the others... They just came out recently, but I plan on releasing banks for them every half year too. owo

Synthaem

Momo's Minion
I only ever update for two reasons; if it's necassary or motivation. I can't do anything recording related unless I'm motivated.

Also depends on the bank. I'll use Sonya as an example, her CV bank hasn't been updated for almost two years, because she doesn't need it. It's a clear, fluent bank. So I've had no need to update her because I belted notes in my singing voice rather than yelling into my mic with no consistency.

Emi, on the other hand, I have to update regularly and re-record sounds because her bank is just a lot of up keep. Way more files than Sonya, and sung in a high pitched voice, so it's really hard to keep her consistent if I try recording her in one go. As for her VCV, it's still not fully recorded, let alone oto'd at all, just because of the consistency problem.

I can't really say anything about switching around mic quality because I've used the same mic for 3 years and it still works well. So all in all, updating really depends on the individual.

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Something i notice i do:
Eventually i start thinking my most recent bank sucks, and i always seem to update soon after IF i have the ability to improve:
-quality
-oto
-general bank style (CV vs VCV)
-pronunciation