How to use resamplers on OpenUtau?

rainydaze

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
In this page it says

"After adding a track, you can select the resampler and wavtool by pressing the settings cog on the lower right of the track header."

But I can't see the settings cog anywhere on the track header?

This is what I'm assuming it's supposed to be like (picture from github, appears to be an outdated version)
화면 캡처 2022-09-08 140513.png

This is what it looks like for me. As you can see, there's no gear icon which I'm assuming is supposed to be the settings cog.
화면 캡처 2022-09-08 140845.png

But on this page it says
For wrapping Windows resamplers into Linux, use this method:

1. Install Wine
  2. Open Resamplers folder (should be on /home/your_username/OpenUtau/Resamplers/)
  3. Create a new text file with the name of your resampler (don't need to have a file extension). Open, add and edit this script:
#!/bin/bash
LANG="ja_JP.UTF8" wine "/absolute/path/to/your/resampler.exe" "${@,-1}"

1. Restart or execute OpenUtau.

But the thing is, I have no clue what step 3 is asking me to do. After making a text file with the name of the resampler what is it asking me to open? The text file? The thing called "Wine" that I installed (which I still don't know what it is)?

What am I supposed to do?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Do you use linux? The wine/wrapping instructions are for linux only.

You probably just need to update openutau, the cog setting is very new (I wrote that actually and it's my screenshot from 3 days ago lol)

Reactions: rainydaze

rainydaze

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Do you use linux? The wine/wrapping instructions are for linux only.

You probably just need to update openutau, the cog setting is very new (I wrote that actually and it's my screenshot from 3 days ago lol)
I'm using windows! I can't seem to update OpenUtau for some reason. Whenever I click "update", it updates and re-opens itself when it reaches 100%.

But when I check for updates, it's still stuck on v0.0.863.0 and it says there's an update available. So basically it just doesn't update :sad:

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
I'm using windows! I can't seem to update OpenUtau for some reason. Whenever I click "update", it updates and re-opens itself when it reaches 100%.

But when I check for updates, it's still stuck on v0.0.863.0 and it says there's an update available. So basically it just doesn't update :sad:
Download a new version of OU from the github instead and you should be good.

Reactions: rainydaze