How would you hide the resampler noise with mixing?

P

partial

I'm gonna post here to make sure I get notified of replies. This topic seems interesting,

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Here's some advice regarding the voicebanks first.
You tend to get noisier results when you start with voicebanks that have noisier samples.
You also get more distortion if you have to stretch out very short samples. With longer samples, the resampler has more material to work with, so it doesn't have to pull it apart so much.
You can avoid this problem by using resamplers that loop the sound to extend the length instead of stretching it. (Such as tn_fnds and Moresampler) In order for this to sound good, though, you have to configure the OTO to make sure the white area loops smoothly. This can be tricky with things like English voicebanks, where you have diphthongs (vowels consisting of 2 sounds).

Onto mixing itself. This is more of a general tip: Do subtractive EQ. Try using a parametric EQ, raising one point, and making it narrow.
upload_2017-10-27_21-45-54.png
While listening to the vocals, move it left and right to emphasize different frequencies. If you hear a frequency that sounds particularly horrible, bring the EQ point down to cut it out.
upload_2017-10-27_21-47-43.png

If you're using a voicebank that's just plain noisy for whatever reason, try picking songs that are loud and/or have lots of instruments. That way, you can blend the vocals into the mess and hopefully nobody will notice. A song with a simple instrumental and lots of vocals will definitely bring noise to attention. As a songwriter, this is something you'll want to take into consideration if you intend to compose a song for a particular UTAU. You could use the vocals as a background effect or atmospheric element if you really need to push it away from center stage. Or you could write the song to deliberately exaggerate the artificiality of the vocals.

What's the context of your particular situation? Do you have any specific tracks you're struggling with, any audio samples to share? At the moment, I can only offer generic, broad information.

Mochlin

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thanks :3 i only wanted some tips to mess around with the effects