How would you NOT like to see your voicebank used?

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Well, probably this is a question that you've already answered in your terms of use : P But I was wondering where people in the community stood on these points:

Would you be opposed to seeing your UTAU used...

1. without you being contacted?
2. for an original song unrelated to your UTAU's character?
3. for an original song related to your UTAU's character?
4. next to a UTAU that you didn't make?
5. next to a UTAU that the user made?
6. for a language other than what it claims to support? (ex. japanese bank -> english song, latin bank -> italian song)

I'm curious to see where people in the community stand on this, since I think some people are too nervous to do these things.

Chiharu

Teto's Territory
hmm I'm not sure what other people think. But I'm ok with 1-6.
I mean.. if you released your UTAU VB for public, it means you let people use it as they want.

I like seeing my UTAU used by others.. Even though the result might not be good, but it still shows that they have interest in my UTAU. I would be grateful for that.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Eh, I'm okay with everything. Want to do gomenne gomenne? Go ahead, no need to even ask. You can draw him in any position, paired with anyone, I really don't care. Not that certain things wouldn't make me uncomfortable (mainly something like yaoi... :V), but I'm not going to put a limit on it just because of that.

LupinAKAFlashTH

DEX's Voice Provider. Woah.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I would be opposed to someone using Kenji for profit without informing me of it.  I wouldn't charge someone to use Kenji for commercial reasons like music (without character image, that is), but if they were going to use the character image on the album I'd probably charge a royalty of like, $10 per usage (i.e. on the album art, 3 pages in the booklet, a short 6 page comic? that's a whopping $100 you'd be paying IF you're selling it).

TL;DR If you're using my VB to make a profit, inform me and I'm totally okay with it.  If you're using my VB alongside the character image to make a profit, you must /must/ inform me because I will need to charge a royalty.

For the rest of the things (I'll just say yes/no)

1. without you being contacted? No
2. for an original song unrelated to your UTAU's character? No
3. for an original song related to your UTAU's character? No (but it would be nice so I can see. ^^)
4. next to a UTAU that you didn't make? No
5. next to a UTAU that the user made? No
6. for a language other than what it claims to support? (ex. japanese bank -> english song, latin bank -> italian song) Not really... but if it sounds bad I'll cringe. @_@

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
honestly, i'd be fine as long they aren't doing it as some sort of rude thing
(Like personally insulting someone by doing something horrid with their utau etc)

1. without you being contacted? no
2. for an original song unrelated to your UTAU's character? no
3. for an original song related to your UTAU's character? no
4. next to a UTAU that you didn't make? no
5. next to a UTAU that the user made? no
6. for a language other than what it claims to support? (ex. japanese bank -> english song, latin bank -> italian song) No, but like kenji said, i'd probably be uncomfortable with the cover itself XD

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Absolutely A-OK with anything. Don't even ask.
But contact me for commercial usage because it depends what it is! His Vocals are my voice after all, and his design's technically a rip of one of my comics, so I'd want specific details on what you'd be using that part for. I'll say yes pretty much no matter what because I'd be thrilled to have someone interested in using Hayao, haha.

But I'd really prefer people didn't use any of my UTAUloids for slander of other people, in the fandom or not.

hitagashi

Teto's Territory
Kit Wistful link said:

6. for a language other than what it claims to support? (ex. japanese bank -> english song, latin bank -> italian song)

Huh. Well, to answer. No (but I'd like to be contacted with links to works anyway so I can listen), No??? (how do you even do that?), No (really, if it's used I'm happy), No and No???, MAYBE. The maybe is because of a general want to not hear funky sounding things. I'd be tickled pink if anyone considered my UTAU.

Also, for commercial use? I'm gonna have to say uh-uh? Unless I'm contacted and such and thing are worked out, my vocals, my design, it's weird to me that someone else might profit from her. Also, like Halo said, no slander. None, nada, nothing of the sort. THAT? That would make me angry.

glaciachan

Teto's Territory
I really don't have restrictions on any of those things, personally. I like seeing people use my voicebanks, so it doesn't make sense for me to restrict any of that. I would, however, not like my voicebanks being used commercially without permission or my voicebanks being used for libel/slander. And, being contacted would be nice so I can see it, but I do searches of my UTAU's once in awhile anyways, so there's a pretty slim chance that I don't get to see it.

lunamageice

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
ovo I'm basically pretty much fine with anything ovo I mean, you kinda are letting all 6 happen when you put up an UTAU for public download, no?

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
To clear up any confusion on point #2, what I meant by "unrelated to your UTAU's character" was that the content of the song completely ignores any canon that the creator of the UTAU set out. For example, let's say the UTAU is established as a fairy on a peace mission (Aoki Lapis, haha). In the song they're a human-sized cyborg bounty hunter, and the only thing left of the canon is blue hair (and now it's long blue hair)(and now I want to see this song).

I'm surprised that so many people have responded along the same lines so far XD And I'm surprised #6 is one to wince at : P And I forgot to put something in about commercial use, so I'm glad to see the subject has come up anyways ^^

Ono

Teto's Territory
I agree with lunamageice. When you join this fandom and create your own voicebank to make public, you're kinda putting it out there that you want people to use it. Restricting them is like "Why did you make it public in the first place?"

Nuh. I don't know who would be bothered by that though. They could just search up their utau's name on YouTube and find it easy. Unless the person using their utau isn't putting the name of the utau or crediting the utau's creator somewhere on there. That would be a problem.
This could be extremely annoying to point out to everyone who uses your utau. If I would to use your utau, it's because I like its voice. And for someone to be mad that I didn't match it's personality to the song would be rather...Well, you know. I would cease using that utau.
No.
No.
No.
No.

dCatharsis

Momo's Minion
1. without you being contacted? no
2. for an original song unrelated to your UTAU's character? no
3. for an original song related to your UTAU's character? no
4. next to a UTAU that you didn't make? no
5. next to a UTAU that the user made? no
6. for a language other than what it claims to support? (ex. japanese bank -> english song, latin bank -> italian song) I love when people do this, TBH. Personally I do it a lot haha

HOWEVER, I'd hate to see my UTAUloids used in "political" songs and stuff like that.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm vaguely opposed to people using Halt with large g- flags... *hides* actually this would apply to any of them hm

The only reason I'd care enough to want to be contacted is if someone was going to use them commercially, which I've noted in their terms of use.  I do like being contacted so I can hear it!  On the six given:

1) No, but I like to know it happened so I search them anyway.
2) Nah, I love seeing people's different interpretations!
3) ...???????? but why would this ever be a problem, why are originals ever a problem
4) I'm not even sure why this would bother anyone either...
5) Same... as above?
6) Like many others, this makes me twitch very slightly?  Specifically Engrish for me, because my babies mostly have English banks and I'm like WHY NOT JUST USE THOSE.  But, if it sounds good, then it won't bother me at all.  It's just one of those things when it's a little... uncomfortable to hear someone use your banks badly?  That kind of thing.  But it happens with languages they're meant for, too, so whatever.  Same difference.

Anything that's just outright a problem, I've covered in my Terms of Use... like commercial use (fine with permission), using them for hate (totally disallowed), using them without crediting me/claiming them as your own (in no way okay), editing their raw wav samples (that troubles me deeply), those kinds of things.

Aline

Teto's Territory

1. without you being contacted? Only if it's for commercial use.
2. for an original song unrelated to your UTAU's character? Only if it incentives hate speech.
3. for an original song related to your UTAU's character? Again, only if it incentives hate speech.
4. next to a UTAU that you didn't make? Nah. Problem would be the other voicer's opinion about it...'
5. next to a UTAU that the user made? Nah, no problem. Go ahead.
6. for a language other than what it claims to support? (ex. japanese bank -> english song, latin bank -> italian song) Why should I even mind it? If you can make my Japanese UTAU sing understandable Icelandic, kudos to you and your amazing UTAU abilities.

UTAUAkaneReimaru

Teto's Territory
Would you be opposed to seeing your UTAU(s) used... 1. without you being contacted? Only if it's for money. Then, I need to be contacted and credited. 2. for an original song unrelated to your UTAU's character? I don't give much of a crap about character, really. Unless it flames other people or other UTAUs without it being a parody. 3. for an original song related to your UTAU's character? I would love that, but I won' support it if it insults people or other UTAUs and means it/ 4. next to a UTAU that you didn't make? 'm extremely flattered by it, actually. I do that myself. 5. next to a UTAU that the user made? No problem at all. Very flattered by that. 6. for a language other than what it claims to support? (ex. japanese bank -> english song, latin bank -> italian song) It's... odd, but I love it if it sounds beautiful or at least sounds like the language. There are reasons I give some English sounds.

Masa

Teto's Territory
I guess I'm okay with all of the listed ones. But I would hate to see someone tuning them badly ...