I need help with recording the vowels on a VCV Voicebank

D

Deleted member 8834

Hey guys! So i was checking some samples of some VCV voicebanks i have for some idea on how to make a good vb; and i saw the the vowels has to be recorded alltogether, but i recorded them all separated. I would love if someone can help me with this.

edit: am i even posting this in the right place

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Big_B

cloudyyskie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Do you mean editing the vowels together manually and to a certain BPM using an audio editor..? I can do that as long as I have a reclist so I know what order to string them together in I guess

Also, UtaHelp or Project Recruitment may have been better for this but it's fine :smile:

Reactions: Big_B

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Unfortunately you're just going to have to rerecord them properly if you want true vowel transitions.

The whole point of recording stringed vowels is to capture the natural transition between them as you mouth moves from one to the other. No amount of audio editing will be able to truly recreate that. Sure you can crossfade them together, but at that point you may as well just set the oto up to crossfade them in utau, because it's exactly the same thing. And that's a legitimate strategy if you're ok with that. It's what most CV VBs do. But if you want proper VCV stringed vowels, you'll need to rerecord

Reactions: cloudyyskie
D

Deleted member 8834

Unfortunately you're just going to have to rerecord them properly if you want true vowel transitions.

The whole point of recording stringed vowels is to capture the natural transition between them as you mouth moves from one to the other. No amount of audio editing will be able to truly recreate that. Sure you can crossfade them together, but at that point you may as well just set the oto up to crossfade them in utau, because it's exactly the same thing. And that's a legitimate strategy if you're ok with that. It's what most CV VBs do. But if you want proper VCV stringed vowels, you'll need to rerecord
Alright, thanks for the info though!

Reactions: cloudyyskie