If you had to use only one voicebank for the rest of your life, which one would it be and why?

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
One voicebank and not one utau. Compiled voicebanks (such as Renri's 1.5 voicebank which is her original voicebank with appends) don't count. Appends which are originally part of the voicebank (for example, Merry's whisper, weak, and falsetto pitches in her 太神楽 voicebank counts) and add-ons (such as vocal fry) count.

I'd obviously pick Miko, duh :P Specifically her multipitch voicebank for her 2nd form since I find it the easiest to work with and the most flexible to use. and I need to give her more love and haven't used her much these days OTL

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Oh, that is a harf questions...I use a lot of UTAU and my fave varies dependibg in my moods...Ah...

I think I'd go with Dill's Usual VB: multipitch VCV, contains (a lot of) extra phonemes, and also have breaths and end breaths. Is mature female voice and can also easily sound male or more female by messing a bit with flags and octaves OwO

Reactions: Nohkara

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Kumi Hitsuboku's multipitch English bank.

It's English and multipitch.

With the help of moresampler flags, she can be pretty expressive as well.

Last edited:

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
It's almost bedtime Y U maek my brain suffer

I would've chosen Renri's 1.5 VB but that doesn't count. Sooo.... boi.
Well, if I really had to, had to choose, I would have to pick Ruko's Kire Voicebank. Yes, kire is a wee bit overrated but that has a bit more emotion[?] to it (somehow). ^-^ ^^; TT^TT

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I would definitely pick Anna Nyui's bouquet VB!

It's 20 pitch CVVC VB: it has 5 different "expressions" (Whisper, normal, power etc) and each of them are recorded as 4 pitch!!! Very simple math: 5 multiple by 4.

I've used it once and oh boy, it was nice to use (easy to change her voice to sound different, her Surffix works so well) I felt that she was also easy to mix too, covers most of genres what I can think top of my head.

Also because that's CVVC, changing between different voices doesn't sound awkward (also tuning Hnngghh) plus not taking like 1GB memory from my computer as unzipped like Meiji's fantasy or Renri's 1.5 ver

Kuro Cure

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Golly, I like a lot of voicebanks x"D
I think I'm tied between Shione Lt's virus or honeybee, or Snowy, even if I can't tune male voices that great ;x;
Lt's banks are literally perfection, I've never ever had a complaint! So easy to tune, powerful, and expressive!
Snowy, well... have you HEARD his voice? Nyeheheh.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So only one UTAU Voicebank?? I'd have to pick Iris's VCCV English then. That way I could do originals and covers. Plus, in the original department, I own Iris so I don't have to worry much about copyrights if at all.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
It's a really hard decision, but I'd have to say Mona Minarai's core VCV VB. I really like the tone of her bank and I find that she is really easy to use.(Not the easiest Utau to mix but easy to use in the utau editor)

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So only one UTAU Voicebank?? I'd have to pick Iris's VCCV English then. That way I could do originals and covers. Plus, in the original department, I own Iris so I don't have to worry much about copyrights if at all.
Now here's someone who's thinking logically.

More generally, what if we tried a challenge where for the next x amount of time, or for the next x number of song releases, we can only use the voicebank we chose?

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Now here's someone who's thinking logically.

More generally, what if we tried a challenge where for the next x amount of time, or for the next x number of song releases, we can only use the voicebank we chose?
Oooh this is interesting. I'd definitely lose since I jump from ust to ust thus utau to utau all the time

If you want to start this challenge, make a new thread c:

Tin-Loid

Tin-Loid
Defender of Defoko
I WANT SHUU BECAUSE HE'S SO BEAUTIFULLY AMAZINGLY AWESOME SOUNDING AND HE'S REALLY GOOD. (I've never used him XD)

K

Kassandra

Ruko. And not even his multipitch, just his regular VCV. I'm weird, but he's my husband and I love him too much to care. I do like the kire bank, but sometimes it doesn't fit for certain songs whereas the VCV bank is just really hot. idek. heh.

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
I guess I would choose the XOTAloid J.C. because he's pretty decent for being made entirely by me(except for the art).

Reactions: HIRATELIER