In regards to Bowlroll and Axfc passwords

VY2's Sexy Lover

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hi, there are a lot of threads cropping up recently in regards to obtaining passwords for certain models.

Using riddles as answers to passwords is intentional. Many Japanese users do not trust overseas users to use their models and assets.

This distrust is not unfounded, just check deviantART and you'll see hundreds of assets being stolen from Japanese users and being claimed as their own works. Or assess being attached to other models (with or without credit), this is called frankendolling.

Please understand that if you cannot solve a simple Japanese riddle, you probably will not understand the terms of use the artist has for their model. I know that comes off as crass and harsh to some, but for some artists there are repercussions for them when someone else uses their work and/or publicly distributes a modification without their permission.

Even if it's a frakendoll being used by one person (private use) this is not covered under Japanese Copyright because it was done by breaking the artist's own rules. There is no government body that actively oversees that copyright law is followed, so artists are usually tasked with enforcing copyright as well as their own rules.

Japanese copyright is mind numbingly complicated, but tldr if you can't read Japanese, the artists assumes that you won't be aware of what kind of trouble they can get into if their work is misused by an overseas user.

In Japan, just because something is not illegal does not mean that it is legal.

Koolaidcryptid

Momo's Minion
I'm fully aware of the terms of use and intend to give credit, sorry we aren't all smart enough to crack extremely complex passwords and end up killing the motivation to do something that was there after however many failed attempts, especially when translators are not always accurate. But please, continue.

VY2's Sexy Lover

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I'm fully aware of the terms of use and intend to give credit, sorry we aren't all smart enough to crack extremely complex passwords and end up killing the motivation to do something that was there after however many failed attempts, especially when translators are not always accurate. But please, continue.

upload_2019-7-4_14-43-49.png
You make it sound as if I'm singling you out, which I'm not. There have been a multitude of people asking for passwords lately. I was simply explaining why Japanese users do not want overseas users using their models.

breadstick

Teto's Territory
honestly yeah some of the riddles are pretty hard but i can totally understand. if someone doesnt want their work to be stolen, a riddle makes sense as a password. i was wondering why some of the passwords were so difficult anyways lmao

Reactions: Systemイア

Systemイア

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
It all makes sense now. Now I can get mad at art stealers because they made my cry. I finally been able to solve the riddles but it took me to much time to even realize that their was a password to begin with.