Losing the will to utau

Jammythewerewolf

Momo's Minion
I've been doing it for over a year, and whilst it's been fun, I'm getting rather disillusioned. Nobody ever watches my utau's videos. I'm not exaggerating- no views. I signed up to provide voices for people who need them, but everyone wants voices out of my range. It kinda brings me down for some reason when people say my voice is wrong.

Also, steamloid is meant to be a group, but despite my efforts, there are only two, voiced by me. I feel like giving up, as I've tried so hard to become part of this community, but I still don't feel I'm integrated at all.

I think what annoys me is lots of people want my help, which I'm all too happy to give, but nobody is willing to help me in return.

Angel

Momo's Minion
I've been in the exact same position. I've been in the community for over a year, and I was easily discouraged from using UTAU. However this is the same for a lot of people in different communities. There are lots of UTAU - more being made every day. So it's hard to gain views when most people would not of heard of you.

The popular UTAU are popular because their users had put effort and time into them. They had to work up from the ground. When they started they were no different from you. Right now my channel only has so amount of views and subscribers. And I'll do my best to appease to them. I've been working on a bunch of UTAU. I have to make time from my studies + other hobbies to do so. And I'm happy when people comment that they like the voice/design/whatever. I'm satisfied with the little amount of people that are my viewers, because I feel they enjoy my work.

In a couple of months my first UTAU Suika Irie will be 2 years old. She's grown so much from when I first started her. The difference between her BETA VB and her recent VB is so much. When people say that they like her/heard about her I feel so happy. It reminds me that effort does matter! If you keep trying and working someone out there will notice. That's why I continue to work on my UTAU.

I know it's hard right now, but nothing will come out of feeling sad. The advice I can give you is to ask yourself 'Why do I use UTAU'

When you have a definite answer, you will surely view your situation in a different light.

Jammythewerewolf

Momo's Minion
I guess your right. I'll keep trying, but i don't know what i'm doing wrong. no subscribers, no comments. There isn't really a reason for me to do utau.

TallDarkAndBishoujo

Teto's Territory
Sadly most UTAU gain very little attention. Often it doesn't seem that way, but...well, after all, they get very little attention. So if you can, try not to focus on the popularity aspect...it's a lot more rewarding using UTAU for your own fun!

Perhaps you should use other people's UTAUs frequently? Especially if they're not very well known, the owners will really appreciate it (maybe they'll return the favour), and it should help you feel like a bigger part of the community. It's certainly helped me make quite a few lovely friends.

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Perhaps you could attempt to advertise your videos? :smile: Or make some friends in the community? Friends can help you a lot, in terms of support and other things uwu I also use other's UTAUs very often, and it helps garner views, I guess? But I'm not trying to be popular, I just want to cover songs with the UTAUs I thought were nice :D

Many popular UTAU users have put effort and time into their UTAUs, and have a lot of friends to support them. There are different ways to contribute to the community, and rise.

//lame wording orz

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
UTAU should be a fun thing. If you're having fun, yay, if not, maybe it's time to move on to something else.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Aside from using other peoples UTAUs(which does help a ton because that can also lead into making new friends and it's also nice to try different voice types) Try offering something to the community too like art or USTs or something. A lot of popular UTAU users, yes have very nice VBs, but the users themselves also make USTs, or do art commissions or make original songs that contribute greatly to the community.

Jammythewerewolf

Momo's Minion
Well... I like to draw, but I'm nowhere near as good as everyone else. I can't make usts, and although I have written a few songs, I have no way of making them. Maybe I should move on. I've found peace with this, at least -w-

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Don't put yourself down too much, that's where you should start! By putting yourself down, you're leaving no room to look at the positive things. You don't need to be as good as everyone else--you could have potential to become better if you focus and try really really hard.

And I sound like a cheap protagonist in some shoujo anime~

Try the chat. I know a bunch of people are there to really help you out and help you get to your feet. I myself have never been there but for sure--the people shouldn't attack you there. You can't always expect to become a sensation in your first year.

And you've gotta remember: Utau isn't a competition. It started as a free alternative to Vocaloid. You don't need to become better than anyone else. As long as what you put effort to satisfies you, then that should be enough. Sure, we all have those days when what we do feels unappreciated...but you have to keep your head up woaah ooh because who are you doing this for in the first place? You...or...?

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Personally, I would agree to what the above people said about advertising your vids and stuff.
Also, I would recommend that you make friends with other UTAU users by using their UTAUs or making fanarts of them.
(IDK if this helps, I really have a hard time composing my thoughts and all)

mangosiryan12

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
//jumps over randomly. for me, utau is just for fun. i dont really care (or just a bit, tehee) about how much views on my videos or comments, as long as i'm having fun with it, its good to me XD sorry for my bad english //disappears

glaciachan

Teto's Territory
Personally, I'd say don't worry about popularity. In the end, it really doesn't matter all that much. The only thing that really matters is that you have fun. It is pretty cool when other people like your stuff, that is true, but that isn't the only thing about UTAU at all.

So, to sum it it, just do your own thing, don't worry about views or subscribers, and maybe make some friends along the way. If you're not having fun, maybe stop for awhile.

Ryuuoh DeltaPlus

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
glaciachan said:
Personally, I'd say don't worry about popularity. In the end, it really doesn't matter all that much. The only thing that really matters is that you have fun. It is pretty cool when other people like your stuff, that is true, but that isn't the only thing about UTAU at all.

So, to sum it it, just do your own thing, don't worry about views or subscribers, and maybe make some friends along the way. If you're not having fun, maybe stop for awhile.

I so agree with this one.