Lyric not working at all?

Hadal

Momo's Minion
Hi guys :smile:

I am new to utau, and have tried searching around for this problem but could not find anything related to my issue, hopefully someone more knowledgeable about this can help.

The problem is trying to type kana in the lyrics bar. I have seen several youtube videos, and from what I could tell, all you have to do is type hiragana into the bar, click the pink box button, and a note will appear in the C4 piano roll? This does not seem to work for me at all, and the text just vanishes from the bar and apparently nothing happens at all.

When I try typing romaji, both by itself and in quotation marks, it appears to work, the note is created but when I play back the note there is no audio. However, when I add the note manually, and type the hiragana in the note itself, it plays just fine.

So it seems like the lyrics bar is not working at all for me, which is kind of a bummer. This issue is with both the default voicebank and any other voices I added.  I am using the UTAU Ver. 0.2.76, and have also have tried running it through applocale, as well as changing the system locale itself to japanese. Running on windows 7.

I did apply an english patch to utau earlier, so I am considering taking that out to see if that may help, but the videos I watched had the english patch so I am guessing it is not the issue.  I will also try an older version of utau, but if that doesnt work, does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks for your time, look forward to becoming part of the community here :smile:

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
The English patch has nothing to do with this issue. I am actually unsure of how to solve it. But I will ask you some questions, please, try to answer all of them.
1. Did you install VisualBasic 6.0 runtime?
2. Your floating point symbol is defined as "." (a dot), or did you change it to a dot?
3. When you open a UST with lyrics in kana, are they shown correctly?
4. Are you using portable UTAU, or the installed version?

Hadal

Momo's Minion
tady159 link said:
The English patch has nothing to do with this issue. I am actually unsure of how to solve it. But I will ask you some questions, please, try to answer all of them.
1. Did you install VisualBasic 6.0 runtime?
2. Your floating point symbol is defined as \".\" (a dot), or did you change it to a dot?
3. When you open a UST with lyrics in kana, are they shown correctly?
4. Are you using portable UTAU, or the installed version?

wow! thanks for the speedy response :smile:

1. I used the utau installer and thought it got installed by default, but now that I am checking for it I can not see it anywhere on my computer. I just downloaded from microsoft, it seems to install but gives no confirmation afterwards, I cannot find it on my computer's installed programs list. Perhaps I am having some issue installing it, I will look around further. I do have visual c++ 2008 and 2010 installed, dont know if that is related.

2. I never changed the floating point symbol to anything, and I did check the region and language in the control panel, and it does look like it is using a dot and not a comma.

3. Never tried opening a UST before, but after I downloaded a random one and tried opening, doesnt seem like anything came in the file? OR at least I do not see any lyrics or notes. Is a UST file like a project file for UTAU?

4. installed version

Thank you for the help, this gives me some new ideas to play around with :smile:

Hadal

Momo's Minion
Solved!

Its funny how I always overlook the simplest solutions. I realized that I was not hitting enter after typing the lyrics, instead I was just typing then hitting the note button, so whole thing was just an operating error lol

I also found out I needed to get the japanese version of visual basic 6, which just happened to be conveniently linked on the utau download page :D

thanks again for the help tady, im psyched to start using yufu voicebank now :D

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
Well, i is good to see that you solved your issue. And... sorry for this late response. This is already uneeded, but indeed, when typing with the Japanese keyboard, you must hit enter once to keep what you wrote, otherwise, when you click outside the textbox, it will be erased. And about the empty UST, that is odd... and yes, UST is the UTAU project file, and you simply double click on it to open it with UTAU (or go on file > open).