Making a voicebank softer and clearer ?

Lightzaver

Teto's Territory
Hey. Well , my UTAU , Tokei Hibiki - His suggested resampler is TIPS which makes his voice muffled. But when I use all the other resamplers he just has really sharp and out of tune pitch changes and odd sounding notes. So i'm wondering if there is anything I could do ? Like flags ?

Demo :
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/zappierchris/utau-happy-synthesizer-tokei[/soundcloud]
The first UTAU isn't mine - My one is covering Gumi's part ^^

Ty for any help

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
...Sounds like an Oto problem.
Could also be a recording/mic problem. Can you upload a raw sample (eg, na.wav) along with a screenshot of the oto for it?

Lightzaver

Teto's Territory
Halo link said:
...Sounds like an Oto problem.
Could also be a recording/mic problem. Can you upload a raw sample (eg, na.wav) along with a screenshot of the oto for it?
Well the oto wasn't by me - but I probably could upload a raw sample .-.

See, To me , without TIPS he can be quiet clear - but without TIPS his note transitions are to sharp and so are his pitch changes - which makes him sound tipsy.

TallDarkAndBishoujo

Teto's Territory
Yeah, the oto needs a bit of fixing up. Maybe try using some equalisation or compression on the samples for clarity? Also, this UST is still in the female range- your UTAU is a boy, so if he has a lower voice, maybe try moving the UST down an octave (you can experiment with the g flag)?

I think the flag Y0 is meant to improve clarity. You could try that.

Lightzaver

Teto's Territory
TallDarkAndBishoujo link said:
Yeah, the oto needs a bit of fixing up. Maybe try using some equalisation or compression on the samples for clarity? Also, this UST is still in the female range- your UTAU is a boy, so if he has a lower voice, maybe try moving the UST down an octave (you can experiment with the g flag)?

I think the flag Y0 is meant to improve clarity. You could try that.
Sure and thanks :3