Metasequoia help?

Mayuen

Momo's Minion
Hope it isn't in the wrong part of the forum or anything, feel free to move the topic if that is the case.

Anyway, I am modelling my own MMD model in Metasequoia, and have gotten pretty much the body done. But when I export the model file and open it up in PMDeditor, the shading turns all weird. The face is most likely me not smoothing out the vertices enough, but that isn't the case at the body and it still gets weird...

e9zuk2.jpg

I was wondering if anyone have any suggestions how to fix this?

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
What do you mean that the shading gets weird? Looks fine to me, but it might be that the model has self shadowing, that's probably it.....

Mayuen

Momo's Minion
Lemondolly link said:
What do you mean that the shading gets weird? Looks fine to me, but it might be that the model has self shadowing, that's probably it.....

I mean that it is shaped weird, jagged and square'y ^^' I do believe I can fix the face, but I don't know why the body turned out like that.

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
(Hello, I am the opposite of a helpful person:

I'm curious as to how well Metasequoia is working for MMD, other than this problem. Does it work at all? :uhm:)

(or do you not know yet?)

Mayuen

Momo's Minion
Kit Wistful link said:

I'm curious as to how well Metasequoia is working for MMD, other than this problem. Does it work at all? :uhm:)

With the full version of Metasequoia you can export models as .x files, which can be used in MMD and also in PMDeditor to convert them to .pmd files, there are also plugins to be able to use .pmd files in Metasequoia.
So to make it clear, yes it works well with MMD ^^

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Mayuen link said:
[quote author=Kit Wistful link=topic=2808.msg20695#msg20695 date=1343158233]

With the full version of Metasequoia you can export models as .x files, which can be used in MMD and also in PMDeditor to convert them to .pmd files, there are also plugins to be able to use .pmd files in Metasequoia.
[/quote]
(Cool! 83 I've always been curious about taking on that kind of project, but there's not many resources for getting started ;;;orz My main concern is what to do about the bones, I have no idea how any of that works! o_o;;

anyways, good luck with your model! ^^)

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Kit Wistful link said:
[quote author=Mayuen link=topic=2808.msg21226#msg21226 date=1343645593]

[/quote]
(Cool! 83 I've always been curious about taking on that kind of project, but there's not many resources for getting started ;;;orz My main concern is what to do about the bones, I have no idea how any of that works! o_o;;

[/quote]

In PMD editor if you open up an existing model and clear everything but the bones, you'll have a nice structure to work off of, and you can edit that to fit your model. you'll still have to rig it properly, and I'm not proficient in MMD, so I can't really help there. ^^;;

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Ant link said:
[quote author=Kit Wistful link=topic=2808.msg21227#msg21227 date=1343649126]
[quote author=Mayuen link=topic=2808.msg21226#msg21226 date=1343645593]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In PMD editor if you open up an existing model and clear everything but the bones, you'll have a nice structure to work off of, and you can edit that to fit your model. you'll still have to rig it properly, and I'm not proficient in MMD, so I can't really help there. ^^;;
[/quote](Oh! Yeah, something like that would be worth a try ^^;; Thank you! :3)

(By the way...I hope...that...uh, well at least this is keeping the thread bumped XD;:wink:

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, I feel bad that we've gone so off topic and still no solution. XD

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hmm. I want to say it's a problem with the geometry. Your edge loops matter (by this I mean your wireframe), hopefully you know what I'm talking about. Could you take a screencap of the wireframe for your model?