Microphone issues.

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I'm not sure if anyone will know how to help, but I'm desperate.
I posted this question on a computer help website, but everyone is just like 'no one help the new girl trolololol'.

I digress.

Okay, I literally JUST bought this microphone yesterday. But it's doing something weird.

The microphone is a logitech desktop microphone 600, and I'm using it with Audacity on my lenovo laptop, windows 7.

It works fine...except for long sounds. When I try to hold a note for more than a second, the sound sort of...dies out. It fades into a techy hum, then vanishes completely. But if I start talking again, it comes back. I tried going into control panel and setting it up, but there weren't any real configuration options. Just the option to start speech recognition.

What do I do...?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't really know much about how to fix mic problems, as mine has always worked. I have no clue why it would die after a second or two.

Anyways, have you tried going to the sound icon on the bottom right toolbar, right clicking, and going to Recording Devices? Select your microphone as default (when plugged in) and you can also go to properties and click through the tabs to see how you can help fix it and what options are available for that mic. For example, my mic needs the Mic Boost or whatever it's called to record decently.

I dunno if that will help. ;;

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Go into your control panel > hardware and sound > sound > recording
Choose your microphone than press properties > enhancements
Than mess around with some of the effects there to see what works.
I think it's the Noise Suppression that makes your notes fade out, but I don't remember, so just mess with it. xD

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
-unchecks noise suppression-
-no more audio fading out-

.....once again, I vote you most fabulous girl on the forum. ;A;

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
> Notices Fawkesy has "Version No. 0"

*Pokes SakisCookie*

Hint, hint, that is what the [upgrade] button is for.

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
...so THAT'S what that thing does!

-is now slightly less of a noob- OuO