Miku Hatsune V4x

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ok guys, let's all get some tissues, it's confirmed by Wat himself the released product will closely be the same as beta/trial

OcarinaLink24

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ok guys, let's all get some tissues, it's confirmed by Wat himself the released product will closely be the same as beta/trial
Seriously?? How close? He's still working on it some right? In hindsight if this was going to be the limit of the changes, they should have just added growl samples for V3 and called it a day rather than spending so much time and money on this...

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Plus, that means we can all say bye-bye to SOLId, Sweet, Dark, and then Light&vivid for the second time T^T (seems Soft wille scape to slaughter, and even, wondering if it'll keep enuogh the properties of Miku Soft V2&V3)

Reactions: melobuniiP

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Plus, that means we can all say bye-bye to SOLId, Sweet, Dark, and then Light&vivid for the second time T^T (seems Soft wille scape to slaughter, and even, wondering if it'll keep enuogh the properties of Miku Soft V2&V3)
didn't he tweet about them refining the append banks as well as her original?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is ridiculous... Miku was at her most versatile with V2 appends, and these "updates" are pretty much just bringing her down. The point is to be making use of the most current vocaloid technology and to continue selling Miku, but maybe... and this idea probably won't work at all... Crypton would understand the mistake they're making if more people were buying V2 or V3 miku instead of Miku V4x. It'd would need an organized effort, though...

Reactions: JVウタウ

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's possible her append banks will be separate and get their own EVEC. We'll just need to wait I guess.

OcarinaLink24

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This is ridiculous... Miku was at her most versatile with V2 appends, and these "updates" are pretty much just bringing her down. The point is to be making use of the most current vocaloid technology and to continue selling Miku, but maybe... and this idea probably won't work at all... Crypton would understand the mistake they're making if more people were buying V2 or V3 miku instead of Miku V4x. It'd would need an organized effort, though...
Agreed
It's possible her append banks will be separate and get their own EVEC. We'll just need to wait I guess.
We can only hope and pray...hard.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I wonder how Miku Eng will sound, I hope it's still lower than her usual bank..

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Same if I was able to afford a Vocaloid and for some reasonsn, it'd be Miku instead of Galaoc/TONIO/MeIKO/etc... Then I'd probably jump on V3 (or V2 so I could easily get vivid)... Because honestly, knowing the people who loved her appends, especially Dark, Sweet and SOLId, that's gonna be terrible

@Pepper : same, though both cutesy!English and SOLIDlike!English appeal to me~ Cutesy because people can't say it's not Miku, and the actual English she currently as in her V3 because that's probably the one that's close to SOLID, which is my favourite Miku append... After, there could still b both, and thus hvaing Miku an English XSYable bank but... Seeing how does it go, I'm scared about it x.X"'

OcarinaLink24

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I heard a rumor that they made her English tone the way they did because of the western fear of pedophilia. I don't know if that's true or not, but either way I'm glad they did what they did with it. Gotta love that English tone, even if you can't understand a single word, and the pronunciation is cringe-worthy in the hands of the inexperienced XD

Is she getting an English update? I haven't seen that yet. Why am I so gosh-dang out of the loop? ><

That tweet that mentioned dark back in July was finally properly translated by somebody, so I'll share it here.

...So in conclusion, I am grasping for going in the direction of the most fascinating/charming VOCALOID. Once preparations have been made, I will reveal more details. At the moment, work on Miku Original should be done by the end of this month. (Dark etc. will begin to be worked on later this year in the fall) Rin and Len's POWER is also making for considerable progress, and we are beginning to work on WARM etc.
Although based on some remarks he made regarding sales of appends, it looks like it'll be E.V.E.C. after all OTL I hate you Crypton.

Found a Q&A page translated http://www.mikufan.com/hatsune-miku-v4x-beta-qa-english/#sthash.NRVeHQtr.cbblJc4k.dpbs Wait a second, Len and Rin are also repairs? I thought they were re-recording >> Someone please tell me I'm wrong

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yeah it was true (though I don't recall if they really put the anti-pedophilia as #1 reason, but it was also because they felt like like a cutesy vocal would sound too "silly" or "awkward" to Western ears, and instead tried to make her having this mature tone I can only find in SOLID)

Also thanks for sharing a Q&A page about Miku (and other cryptonloids as well) !

Mametchi

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'll probably get V4X because I already have Miku's V3, and since her V3 can cross synth with her V4X it makes her actually really versatile, a lot of the uses of her V4X I've heard cross sything with her V3 have been fantastic. And also I'm garbage and love Miku too much not to buy her.

Reactions: OcarinaLink24

OcarinaLink24

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'll probably get V4X because I already have Miku's V3, and since her V3 can cross synth with her V4X it makes her actually really versatile, a lot of the uses of her V4X I've heard cross sything with her V3 have been fantastic.
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to more people doing that when she comes out~~
And also I'm garbage and love Miku too much not to buy her.
Same. If I had money anyway XD

And you're welcome! I hope that they really do 'refine' and not just put it into voice color...I feel like that would almost take MORE time and money >>