moresampler troubles <3

ricecristpy

Momo's Minion
I have read every thread I can find on the site with a similarly listed problem, which is why I'm making my own. The only tools that work for my installed UTAU are the default wavtool and resampler that come with installation. I have moresampler and TIPS downloaded but neither of them work.

When I try to use another resampler other than defaults, it doesn't render the UST at all and gives me the failed to generate wav error.

Things I have already done:
- Run UTAU as administrator
- changed locale before installing
- changed decimal from , to .
- unchecked Multiple Processes For Rendering in Options
- have moresampler in both boxes
- tried different banks
- changed USTs

Those were all the solutions I could gather from prior threads, and none of them worked. It's not even rendering, its just going straight to the error message. I don't think I've ever gone a day without an issue with UTAU :annoyed:

At this point I am willing to try anything, just please don't ask me to change my locale. I promise it's changed. I've been using UTAU since about 2012 and this is a new issue to me.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
What exact error message are you receiving? If it's in Japanese, please take a screenshot and post it here instead of saying "I can't read it".

ricecristpy

Momo's Minion
Where do you put your voicebank folder?
It's in the default voice folder, in the UTAU directory. I have it installed to my desktop for easy access.
What exact error message are you receiving? If it's in Japanese, please take a screenshot and post it here instead of saying "I can't read it".
I didn't say I couldn't read it, it's just the usual Failed to Generate Wav.
1657223828282.png
And my options: (Cache config is set to Remove at Quit, but I've tried it on Do Not Remove, and it didn't do anything)
1657223856825.png
And then this screen, if you need it.
1657223899311.png

ricecristpy

Momo's Minion
What operating system, just to check?
Windows 10. I have figured something out, moresampler will work briefly if I first cause the error. So I manually cause the Failed To Generate Wav error, then it works for about 2-3 plays, then it's back to not rendering at all. Which is kind of confusing. And weird.

I am on the latest version of both UTAU and moresampler, I think I forgot to state.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
any chance at all you can catch the resampler window and what it says?

GeneralNuisance

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
If you're having the issue with JUST moresampler, then here's what fixed the issue for me. Open the moreconfig file and enable resampler compatibility by replacing the "off" with "on" and saving the file. Set moresampler as your resampler, and any wavtool OTHER THAN MORESAMPLER as your wavtool.

ricecristpy

Momo's Minion
If you're having the issue with JUST moresampler, then here's what fixed the issue for me. Open the moreconfig file and enable resampler compatibility by replacing the "off" with "on" and saving the file. Set moresampler as your resampler, and any wavtool OTHER THAN MORESAMPLER as your wavtool.
So this worked in that it now displays the rendering window, but there's no sound output. Causing the Failed to Generate Wav error on purpose to force it to play no longer works, which makes sense because I'm not sure why that worked in the first place yesterday.

any chance at all you can catch the resampler window and what it says?
After the suggestion above, it now renders, but like said, makes no sound. The rendering window looks like this-
1657320069465.png

I don't think it's a DAW issue because I don't own any programs that use DAWs (other than UTAU and Audacity?), and if I did unknowingly, they're not open. I saw people state on other threads that no other program or window using audio can be open, so UTAU Is the only program/window open on my computer.

ricecristpy

Momo's Minion
Same as before, it goes through the rendering process but doesn't put out any sound.
Wish I had an explanation, but it works now. I swear on everything that is holy to me, I did nothing different. UTAU is still in the same place it was, haven't edited or changed banks, haven't touched any settings anywhere. Just plopped it in to try it on the off chance that it would work and now it is. I dunno who sold their soul for me, but thanks.

Reactions: Halo