• If you do not recieve your confirmation email within a few hours, please email haloutau@gmail.com with your username for manual validation. Your account should be activated within 24 hours.
    You may also reach out via any other listed contact on Admin Halo's about page: https://utaforum.net/members/halo.194/#about

ン in Delta's reclist?

JamesOvO

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I'm making a CVVC Japanese voicebank

The reclist has a ン, I don't know how to say this

Does anyone have an idea how to say this?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The character ン is the katakana equivalent of ん. It might be used for a variant pronunciation, but do take note that there are actually 4 variants total in Japanese. The sound of ん fully depends on whatever comes after it.

m - before b, p, and m
ŋ (the "ng" sound) - before k and g
n - before j, t, ch, ts, d, dz, n, and r
ɴ ("ng" but at the very back of your throat) - all other consonants and everywhere else (such as at the end of words)

Reactions: FelineWasteland

dead_byte

Momo's Minion
The instructions for the Ritsu EVE reclist ( which DELTA CVVC is meant to be compatible with the system of ) describe the "ン" in that system as being "more like a vowel" compared to "ん", which I think is an apt descriptor. To my understanding, most Japanese users seem to pronounce it like "ng", but not completely closing the nasal cavity like with "ng", making it kind of like a nasal vowel. Of course, there are the other three ways it's articulated, as Kiyoteru mentions, but in my experience, that's how Japanese users tend to pronounce "ン" in most voicebanks.

Reactions: JamesOvO