Name Doubles

Ivy!

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
When it comes to naming an utau, most people want a name that's unique to them. Obviously naming doubles are going to happen, even if they should be avoided

That being said, how would you feel if you saw another utau with the part of the same name as yours (same last name, for example)?

Basically I'm trying to rename my utau and one of the names I found is shared by another one what I'm pretty sure isn't used anymore but their creator is japanese and I don't speak japanese so I have no way of really knowing and wanted to get other people's input about name doubles first

Reactions: Big_B

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Considering the name alone, I'm not worried about the fact that some given names are popular and prone to be repeated. It happens with real people too. You should think about the searchability of the name of your UTAU. If someone was googling it, trying to find where to download it, would they be able to clearly identify which one is yours and which one is the other UTAU?

For the overall character of the UTAU, a similar name would only slightly imply affiliation, but a similar character design would cause more confusion and could even look like a type of style theft. Take a look at what the other UTAU is like and make sure you don't unintentionally copy them, and make yourself distinct.

Reactions: Aeroza and Ivy!