Name something you have learned or gained from utau

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
What I have got from UTAU and/or learned from it (other that how to record/oto...):

- Improved English skills. I'm still not bets at English but at least much better than before I started using UTAU. :"D

- One of things to keep me motivated to keeping up/using Japanese. Before UTAU/Vocaloid, I didn't care much about Japanese (I'm half Japanese if someone wonders).

- One of motivator to draw HUMANS (and other little creatures + furries) and get better at drawing

- Learned to use many new programs (not just UTAU, Audacity and OREMO but also TextEdit and Wine for example) edit files, create files.........

- Learned about phonology and learned how some specific consonants work and how to make each of consonant type work its best...

- Learned to write reclist to many languages! And learned some pronounciation for English, Spanish and Korean. (Thanks for Vocaloid/UTAU in general to make me more interested in other languages)

- Meet people around the word! And made new friends T7T)d

- TBH I didn't know/understand anything much about LGBTQ+ things until UTAU. Everything started from famous VIPPERs info's and... Now I know bunch of new terms and now I know that there's not just "male" and "female" identity. (And found out that I identify myself as queer/non-binary. I found myself ;;7;; )

Reactions: partial

Dekpi

Defender of Defoko
literally nothing utau is the bane of my existence and im not really sure why im still here
only thing is i can easily read hiragana now lol

Shibaru 101

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
My art style has level up when I use UTAU! It is so suprising that I know about oto when I first record my UTAU. I also learn English and a bit of Japanese. I also learn about mixing, effects in Audacity and many more. We are so lucky to find UTAU.

Last edited:

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
The most significant thing I'd say is that I gained a lot of acquaintances and friends :3 and I'm more sociable here than in real life //shot

kamonohashi

a small person
Defender of Defoko
I learned how to read Hiragana, Katakana and some Kanji. I've also learned to mix so much better than my first attempts and learned how hard English really must be for non-native speakers to learn it
Adding on to this, I've learned how to recognize beats easier when I listen to music and repeat them (tapping it out). I've also improved my singing slightly by singing more and more as I tune or just listen to songs.

I've also learned that it's now impossible for me to have less than 20 tabs open

Aura Autumnus

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I learned that my college studies can be useful somehow. Lol.

Nah, I'm kidding. i learned more about the different types of voice synthesis.

Maybe2Morrow

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hmm, I first got a new friend, I have easy with designing, but I learned that making own usts is hard as hell in UTAU
but I already knew making music was hard because once in a while do I make piano music for the people.

It's kinda only that

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
I have improved my Japanese pronunciation, especially on "o," "ka," and"shi"
I have learned to accept LGBT+ people, and I found myself as LGBT+ myself.(Growing up, I was told often that "gays were bad.")
And to throw Vocaloid in there, I wouldn't even be interested in linguistics or anime if I hadn't met Hatsune Miku. I owe a lot to our twintailed princess.

Reactions: HIRATELIER

twerkingcoyotes

Teto's Territory
The most important thing I've gained from being an utauser has been the endless amount of friends and acquaintances I've made in the community throughout the years. Sure, there may be a few toxic people here and there but that's just normal in any kind of community.

Reactions: kimchi-tan

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
I'll admit and say the first time I joined UTAU was to gain some attention and outshine my sister (who's also an UTAU user). I know, guilty as charged. However, as time progressed and people naturally came up to me and praised me for my UTAU covers, I learned that making an UTAU to solely get attention isn't really the best path to take in the UTAU community. To those close to me, I sort of became the go-to person for oto'ing voicebanks, even for my sister, who has since moved on to oto her voicebanks by herself. UTAU also helps me determine proper singing ranges for each UTAU I work and find the perfect pitch for them too!

In addition, I created my first UTAU out of sheer love after many experiences of being overshadowed and eventually led to the birth of the XOTAloids, who've become my main UTAU (since my sister said that I shoudl have at least one main to represent me in a way). But the most important thing I've learned in my experiences with UTAU is that I've become more social with fellow UTAU users, though I, like many, am normally a shrinking violet.