need help figuring out how to make my first vcv

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
So i managed to solve my utau issue i had to go on rendering and click on no batch file for rendering and now it works
also i was thinking of making this voicebank vcv-cv-cvvc compatible do you you think it's a good idea? if so can you recommand me a reclist for this purpose?
i plan to record the voicebank one more time because i recorded to slowly it sound choppy i think
about extra sound should i record them separately in cv format i paln to record A - like pilot told me and A R and A ・ i look at some vb and the have a long A

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You can add CVVC configurations to a VCV voicebank without needing to record any additional samples.
For [- CV], these are already included in standard VCV configuration.
For [V C] and [CV], look for the line in the OTO where both vowels are the same (such as [a か] [e ね] etc.)
Duplicate it twice so that you have three copies in total. For one of them, change the alias to the appropriate [V C] alias, and configure the vowel-to-consonant transition. For another one, change the alias to the appropriate [CV] alias and configure the consonant-vowel portion.

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
thank you for responding it's very helpfull
i was thinking of maybe buying a mic but i don't know which one are good enough for utau
if i m going to record again i may try to do it right
i'm using a headset mic i m not sure it's good enough

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For a typical UTAU user, who only plans on recording vocals as a hobby, I recommend getting a desktop USB microphone. You may see various options as being marketed as good microphones for voice/video calls or for recording podcasts, which means that they're meant for picking up vocals clearly.
Avoid anything that's particularly cheap, such as mobile phone accessories, or things that plug into 3.5mm jacks.

If at some point in the future you intend on doing more audio and music work, such as recording instruments, that's a worthwhile time to invest in an audio interface. It'll allow you to use both line input and XLR microphones. However, going that far is not necessary if UTAU is the only thing you would do with it.

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
Do you have any mic in mind?
it's hard to see what 's good enough , i have no experience buying mic
around which price range should i look for ?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Budget is your decision to make. I don't know how much money you're willing to spend.

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
hello i thought about making a multipipitch voicebank but i don't know at what note i should record it? ( default pitch is c#3)
also i finished the oto on this bank but how do i know it's good ?

also i don't know why but moresampler doesn't work when i set up both tool as more sampler but it just doesn't render anything

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
i finished the oto on this bank but how do i know it's good
Play a UST using the voicebank and listen for whether any notes are off-time. Make sure to clear the preutterance/offset/STP from the note properties first.

i thought about making a multipipitch voicebank but i don't know at what note i should record it? ( default pitch is c#3)
First, decide what range you want the voicebank to have. If you want it to cover your full vocal range, you need to check the highest and lowest notes that you can comfortably sing. One way to do this is by putting notes in UTAU, playing them, and trying to sing the same pitch.

Then, decide how many pitches you want to record. If you have more pitches, it'll match the tone of your voice more accurately. If you have less pitches, you will have to do less work recording and OTOing the voicebank.

You can use UTAU as a visual tool to determine which pitches to record, Put in notes for the high and low limits of the range you want, and as many notes in between as pitches you want to record. Assuming you want to keep the C#3 pitch, change the pitch of one of the middle notes to that. Then you can space out the other notes to evenly cover the area between the high/low limits.

For example, let's say the range you want is G2 to A4, and you want 3 pitches total. So there's three notes in the middle, and they're evenly spaced out like this.
1619306382767.png

Evenly spaced out notes assumes that your voice smoothly changes tone from low to high. However, there are some special circumstances you may want to account for, such as the difference between chest voice and head voice, or falsetto. It's okay to have pitches that are closer together if those are necessary to capture the changes in your voice at those points.

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
about the moresampler issue it says Appdata/local/temp/utau1/temp.wav
i have this issue only with moresampler other sampler works fine

Zedreeks

Momo's Minion
i can't use the prefix map in utau i set the suffix i wanted but it doesn't do anything any help

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Suffixes in the prefix map need to match the suffixes in the aliases of the OTO.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The suffixes will not be visible in the UST, but they will be added when you play the notes and UTAU renders the audio. You can double check that the prefix map is working by selecting a note, pressing ctrl+G, and seeing whether the sample that opens has the correct suffix.