No frequencies in frequency map?

anuja524

Momo's Minion
Hey!! So I actually thought I found the solution to this issue from another thread because I fixed it in one voicebank, but the same solution doesn't work on this other one.

Basically, I'm getting that weird popping thud noise instead of the wav and trying to edit the frequency map gives me this:

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 8.19.12 AM.png

I've already tried re-exporting as mono 16 bit 44100 Hz (which is what worked for the other case), tried noise reduction, normalizing in Audacity and I'd like to try editing the frq map but nothing seems to show up.

The waveform looks like this in Audacity if it helps:

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 8.21.20 AM.png

I've run into this issue a lot, so any advice is appreciated!!! :smile:

Reactions: Big_B and Viran

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
What resampler are you using? Not every resampler uses .frq files, but UTAU will only show you .frq files. For example, if you use TIPS, it creates and uses .pmk files and UTAU will not show anything because there won't be any .frq files if they haven't been generated by a resampler that uses .frq files. Further, editing .frq files will have no effect if the resampler you're using doesn't use .frq files. You have to edit the file type that corresponds to the resampler you're using. To edit other files, you can download the extended frq editor (sorry I don't have a better link) https://utaforum.net/threads/is-there-some-sort-of-extended-frq-editor.21613/post-145194

anuja524

Momo's Minion
What resampler are you using? Not every resampler uses .frq files, but UTAU will only show you .frq files. For example, if you use TIPS, it creates and uses .pmk files and UTAU will not show anything because there won't be any .frq files if they haven't been generated by a resampler that uses .frq files. Further, editing .frq files will have no effect if the resampler you're using doesn't use .frq files. You have to edit the file type that corresponds to the resampler you're using. To edit other files, you can download the extended frq editor (sorry I don't have a better link) https://utaforum.net/threads/is-there-some-sort-of-extended-frq-editor.21613/post-145194
yep it was the resampler! well, i was using resampler.dll which generates frqs but nothing was showing up but i tried rendering with TIPS and it worked. still not sure why the frqs got messed up with resampler, but i've decided to use TIPS this time around. and thanks for the link!!