Open Utau Alias Issues

Orenjiusagi196

Momo's Minion
So my utau voice bank has alias for both romaji and kanji? I'm not sure what the exact word it's called but it has japanese and romaji lettering basically but the odd thing is that it never wants to sing the english ones but only the japanese one and it bothers me a bit. If there's a reason why it's not working the way it should please do tell but if it's just a permanent issue it's fine lol i'll just work something out. Thanks in advance.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Filenames are always ignored. If the filenames are romaji and the oto aliases are hiragana, only the hiragana aliases are used. You can use Lyrics > Romaji to Hiragana or the input helper to convert lyrics. If you must have the oto compatibility, you need to duplicate those lines in the oto.ini and change the alias on the second line.

Reactions: ΑKYLAS

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Filenames are always ignored. If the filenames are romaji and the oto aliases are hiragana, only the hiragana aliases are used. You can use Lyrics > Romaji to Hiragana or the input helper to convert lyrics. If you must have the oto compatibility, you need to duplicate those lines in the oto.ini and change the alias on the second line.
Ah, so this is "if there are aliases, it will only read the aliases, but if there are no aliases it will read the filename", to be more specific?
That's maybe a little frustrating for plain CV banks, huh...

Orenjiusagi196

Momo's Minion
Not going to lie that's a bit annoying since I use a program to convert the hiragana lyrics into romaji cuz its easier to work with. Maybe one day they'll fix it though. Here's to hoping. Thank you though.