Please help

Mattishere

Momo's Minion
"亦音ケ凝り" This translate to Matane Kekori which is the name of my voicebank, I was wondering if this is kanji or still hiragana?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is a mix of hiragana, katakana, and kanji. For the name of a person, it looks odd. Here's a guide that discusses how Japanese names work, and some things you might want to keep in mind while creating a name.

I also recommend analyzing the names of characters from anime, manga, and games. Take a look at what characters are used, the meanings of the characters, and how the names are pronounced. There's so many more pronunciations that are used for people's names, as compared to when these characters are used in ordinary vocabulary words. You should also see how the name relates to the character's personality traits, their abilities, and their role in the story. Fictional characters can have pretty crazy creative names, but ultimately they still sound like names.

Mattishere

Momo's Minion
This is a mix of hiragana, katakana, and kanji. For the name of a person, it looks odd. Here's a guide that discusses how Japanese names work, and some things you might want to keep in mind while creating a name.

I also recommend analyzing the names of characters from anime, manga, and games. Take a look at what characters are used, the meanings of the characters, and how the names are pronounced. There's so many more pronunciations that are used for people's names, as compared to when these characters are used in ordinary vocabulary words. You should also see how the name relates to the character's personality traits, their abilities, and their role in the story. Fictional characters can have pretty crazy creative names, but ultimately they still sound like names.
Thanks! It was giving a feeling that something was odd with it.
Post automatically merged:

亦音毛古里?

Last edited:

Mattishere

Momo's Minion
Ok I am just not great at making names at all that not even Tuts can help me like look at this "又根圭古里"

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
亦音ケコリ

Keep it simple esp if you dont know Japanese. Kekori doesn't appear to be a jp given name, so just use katakana to imply it's a foreign or unique name. The surname being matane is fine, very utau-ish. It's also fine to use a name in a language you know.

Edit: Also, rather than throwing kanji out there at random, probably searching for real given name and surname readings would be best, at least to start.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Mattishere

Momo's Minion
亦音ケコリ

Keep it simple esp if you dont know Japanese. Kekori doesn't appear to be a jp given name, so just use katakana to imply it's a foreign or unique name. The surname being matane is fine, very utau-ish. It's also fine to use a name in a language you know.

Edit: Also, rather than throwing kanji out there at random, probably searching for real given name and surname readings would be best, at least to start.
"マタネケ古里".? or just straight up just like this "マタネケコリ"

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
"マタネケ古里".? or just straight up just like this "マタネケコリ"
Think of it in surname then given name. It's matane (surname) kekori (first name), right? So you have to keep the kanji in the *surname* and katakana in the given name.
I gave you what I thought it should be! 亦音ケコリ

Mattishere

Momo's Minion
actually Matane is the first and kekori last. But does the name "亦音ケコリ" changes?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Hm, I had assumed it was Japanese order (kasane teto, kikyuune aiko, namine ritsu, etc), sorry! Not as good of a name in japanese then. Since Kekori isn't a Japanese name, theres no reason for it to be in kanji. So it'd just be マタネ・ケコリ which is just matane kakori in katakana, which is the alphabet used when saying loanwords or foreign names