Portable UTAU?

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
Hey y'all, does anyone know if there is a portable version of UTAU anywhere?

If there isn't, would it be considered against the user agreement to make one? It doesn't involve altering the source code that I know of, and I wouldn't distribute it.

Basically, I'm without a personal computer for a while and I was hoping I could still work on my projects ;u;

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Couldn't you just put it on a flash drive regularly? Just drag the whole folder over.

irei1as

Teto's Territory
zip UTAU from the official download page works as portable just fine (I doubt it makes many registry changes, and if it makes any it's just secondary info like the default folder or something like that).
The two issues are that the zip doesn't install -no install of anything, of course- the font (so it may appear "mojibake" even in Japanese locale) and it doesn't add a pair of libraries.

I don't know a solution for the font but for the other just download the files (Comdlg32.ocx and MSCOMCTL.OCX, only I think) from a secure page if the program asks them and paste them in the folder of utau.exe. Just google them.

I was able to use UTAU in a work computer with no install privileges at all doing that.

But, yeah, the font issue is a hard one as it makes it hard to work outside of romaji.

bappo

Momo's Minion
so... did anyone get this to work? :eye: :eye:
id like to show my teacher this- we were given windows laptops. i pasted those OCX files into the folder to no avail. maybe its because the computer doesn't have directx or whatever those are from installed. well, i've got an old XP laptop i could use lol.