Problem: Center Bone only moves first loaded model or both models together

ToastSchinkennn

Momo's Minion
So, since a few days I have the problem that my model's center bone will only move the wrong/first loaded model or even both together. It's as if the second loaded model doesn't even exist. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'd really like to pose both models without one running away from the other XD Ah, the camera is acting odd as well btw. When I click on a bone it shifts to the bone or sometimes away from the whole model, even if I click register.

Here is video footage, and sorry for the bad quality as well as my way of talking. (Asperger's Autism/Anxiety have proven to be no funny match):
I'm in despair :wink:

Last edited:

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So the first problem is incredibly odd (And without the project file and the models it's going to be difficult to replicate...) however the camera problem...
I can't see all the settings due to the recorder software window (it's why I recommend using OBS since it lets you minimize it), but here's my guess as to what's happening:

I managed to replicate the camera issue with this, so this is worth checking:
1650652935358.png
If bone is checked, when you click a bone, the camera moves to the bone to make that the center of rotation. While great for working if you're dealing with a big stage and you're not moving the stage around to simulate movement, it can sometimes get in the way. The cameras position is added to this calculation.
Same goes for checking the model. Just uncheck them to return to normalcy. The Track thing seems to have no effect.

Looking at what I can peek in the models, I'd say it's worth translating the bones, unless you use Japanese mode normally, and otherwise fixing and optimizing them
Remember to turn off your adblocker to support my man Reggie :DDDD

Alternately, you could try reloading the models or just loading another and then hiding the previous model, if you haven't tried that, but if you have, then I really need to take a look at the models and project files myself to see what I can glean.
If you do decide to drop the project files and let me peek-a-boo those, instead of including the models, just include the download link where you found them.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToastSchinkennn

ToastSchinkennn

Momo's Minion
Y
So the first problem is incredibly odd (And without the project file and the models it's going to be difficult to replicate...) however the camera problem...
I can't see all the settings due to the recorder software window (it's why I recommend using OBS since it lets you minimize it), but here's my guess as to what's happening:

I managed to replicate the camera issue with this, so this is worth checking:
View attachment 11407
If bone is checked, when you click a bone, the camera moves to the bone to make that the center of rotation. While great for working if you're dealing with a big stage and you're not moving the stage around to simulate movement, it can sometimes get in the way.
Same goes for checking the model. Just uncheck them to return to normalcy. The Track thing seems to have no effect.

Looking at what I can peek in the models, I'd say it's worth translating the bones, unless you use Japanese mode normally, and otherwise fixing and optimizing them
Remember to turn off your adblocker to support my man Reggie :DDDD

Alternately, you could try reloading the models or just loading another and then hiding the previous model, if you haven't tried that, but if you have, then I really need to take a look at the models and project files myself to see what I can glean.
If you do decide to drop the project files and let me peek-a-boo those, instead of including the models, just include the download link where you found them.
Yep, I think it's the project file. I made a sample for the ray shader, bc I'm to lazy to always go through the steps.
The camera is normal again, you were right, with the checked bone tracking, this also seemed to be the cause why the models moved that weird(???) but it seems normal again, thank you :3

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Y

Yep, I think it's the project file. I made a sample for the ray shader, bc I'm to lazy to always go through the steps.
The camera is normal again, you were right, with the checked bone tracking, this also seemed to be the cause why the models moved that weird(???) but it seems normal again, thank you :3
ggez i am the proest mmder in the whole wide utaforum

Reactions: ToastSchinkennn