Problems with adjusting note length

sp3ckle

Momo's Minion
Hello!

I was wondering if there was a way to turn off whatever makes the notes clip into certain lengths when you adjust their length :D I made a cover and the clipping was a manageable inconvenience, but now I'm working on a song and would love more freedom in choosing the length of notes so it doesn't throw off timing.

I'm pretty much a noob at UTAU and I couldn't find anything about it, so thank you in advance for any answers! <3
Hopefully I explained the issue clear enough, but I will be happy to provide further clarification!

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Is your UST set to the correct tempo? For a vast majority of songs (certainly any song produced electronically/on a computer), as long as the tempo is correct, the timing of the bars/beats in UTAU will line up perfectly with the music

Like, you can turn it off, but you shouldn't need to, at least for basic timing of the melody; it shouldn't cause any timing issues of the tempo is correct. If you really just need to turn it off, you can use the Length option towards the top left.

Setting the tempo to the correct tempo and letting the notes snap to the correct lengths is the best practice though because it ensures the timing is correct and eliminates any guesswork.

Last edited:

sp3ckle

Momo's Minion
Is your UST set to the correct tempo? For a vast majority of songs (certainly any song produced electronically/on a computer), as long as the tempo is correct, the timing of the bars/beats in UTAU will line up perfectly with the music

Like, you can turn it off, but you shouldn't need to, at least for basic timing of the melody; it shouldn't cause any timing issues of the tempo is correct. If you really just need to turn it off, you can use the Length option towards the top left.
I set the tempo to whatever tempo the song is, but I think (because I am doing English songs) that the little consonant noises create a little delay, and to make up for the delay I try to make the following note slightly shorter, but it often makes it too short
Thanks for the reply, I'll definitely look into the length option! :smile:

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
If you're using an English bank with separate CCs and not full CCVs, make sure you're putting the [C C] lyric before the note itself is meant to start; the [CV] or [C V] should generally be what hits on the beat itself, because the vowels are the main thing that needs to be in-time.