Production Software/Equipment/Tools?

XJM

Teto's Territory
I was just curious to know what software/equipment/tools others use to produce their music. I guess this thread could serve as a place to go to about this sort of stuff, also.

I am currently using Soundation Studio to produce much of my work. I have been using that thing for almost four years. Proud to be one of the early users :D It was because of my discovery of Soundation that I eventually picked up Vocaloid and later UTAU. I wouldn't trade this thing for anything<3

I do use GarageBand for things and I've begun to muddle around with Reaktor 5 (it's powerful by itself lol)

I am also looking to improve my production flow. I am looking at a few things from Native Instruments (Maschine, and Komplete being the two big ones) and am considering using Ableton as my main DAW (besides Soundation :3 ) so all of the above can be mixed together.

So what do some of you use?

(I don't mean to come off like I'm challenging anyone with the above. This is just what I want to do in the future)

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

I've not got much other than FL Studio 11 Signature Bundle and a few free VSTs.

A while ago I wanted to get a midi keyboard but I realized it would probably be kinda useless considering how rusty my piano skills are, so yep. Sometimes I get to use the really big monitor in my dad's home office, but it doesn't make my computer any faster -//hence me putting an apple sticker on the computer

I have tried a lot of other DAWs though! Most recently Studio One, and wow it was a lot better than I expected it to be. From that moment I had decided to always recommend it to people. I just wish that I knew about it earlier, and that I wanted a vocaloid earlier, because I could've gotten Miku English for half the price FL is and be all set with everything I need. Sigh.

Natter

Teto's Territory
RE:

On my birthday one year ago, my mom walked into my room carrying a big midi keyboard and plopped it right next to my desk. I have no clue how to play the piano. When I told her that she just walked away saying I'd figure it out eventually. So yeh, now it just sits there collecting dust (and guilt). Because I'd always use the piano roll to set the notes instead.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
RE:

My list of Music Software: Cubase Artist 7.5 (teh bae), UTAU (duh), VOCALOID3, Studio One 2 Artist (came with KAITO V3).

...........that's really all