Project Olympus - Let's ascend Utauloid to another level!

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
In the beginning, sure, I got Libreoffice.
When I do find a capable editor however, I'll likely shove it in peoples faces.
Though I wouldn't exactly say learning HTML is the most difficult thing in the world, since I managed to get a grasp of it within the first day, and that's without the hyper-focused, stripped down tutorials and explanations I provide within the template.
It all depends on how much someone is willing to learn a potentially unrelated skill at its basic levels.
It's gonna take some research on my end I suppose.
After looking through it, unless propietary Office is noticeably different, making the conversion is likely to be incredibly difficult.
I'll accept docx for now I suppose, however fixing slightly dodgy HTML syntax is quite honestly easier on my part than converting it over to HTML.
This picture is the HTML after I imported the template into LibreOffice and exported it as HTML again
This is the template in Notepad++, a capable text and code editor, free and open source.
Here is the template after I removed all the code comments explaining what's going on.
Honestly, without all the code comments, I'm pretty sure one could look at this and the finished page and guess what each element does. HTML is that simple.
Dude, you're just creating trouble for yourself! XD You can literally just open a wix or a google blog to post those things, you don't need to create a whole site for that kind of thing. But even if you want to create a site for that type of thing, so what is the deal with coming here in my post and say unecessary things like that? Just chill bro, we understood that programming is hard, but there are other ways to get around it (Like, as I said, post the researches here in utaforum, or an google blog or a free Wix website).

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Dude, you're just creating trouble for yourself! XD You can literally just open a wix or a google blog to post those things, you don't need to create a whole site for that kind of thing. But even if you want to create a site for that type of thing, so what is the deal with coming here in my post and say unecessary things like that? Just chill bro, we understood that programming is hard, but there are other ways to get around it (Like, as I said, post the researches here in utaforum, or an google blog or a free Wix website).
no chill for the wicked
It's more about the organizing, plus my site being built to be very lightweight.
I'm essentially taking after LearnMMD when it comes to the concept, except I like doing things from the ground-up.
Besides, if HTML was actual serious programming, I wouldn't have gotten the basics within a day.
Sure, one could do what you said, but I'd imagine MMD being way harder to get into had it been like that for MMD, my end goal is basically to provide a solution that simplifies the information gathering and delivery massively.
I'm making a thread, dw, but this matter isn't all that simple as one would think.
UTAU, like MMD, has its quirks and complications, so I do indeed find it necessary to gather up everything in a dedicated site for it in an article format.

In the end, I'm determined to make this a good project, so I put a lot of myself into it. I simply wish others would be willing to exert some extra energy too, as one article could save tonnes of time for other people.

Thehyami

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
In the beginning, sure, I got Libreoffice.
When I do find a capable editor however, I'll likely shove it in peoples faces.
Though I wouldn't exactly say learning HTML is the most difficult thing in the world, since I managed to get a grasp of it within the first day, and that's without the hyper-focused, stripped down tutorials and explanations I provide within the template.
It all depends on how much someone is willing to learn a potentially unrelated skill at its basic levels.
It's gonna take some research on my end I suppose.
After looking through it, unless propietary Office is noticeably different, making the conversion is likely to be incredibly difficult.
I'll accept docx for now I suppose, however fixing slightly dodgy HTML syntax is quite honestly easier on my part than converting it over to HTML.
This picture is the HTML after I imported the template into LibreOffice and exported it as HTML again
This is the template in Notepad++, a capable text and code editor, free and open source.
Here is the template after I removed all the code comments explaining what's going on.
Honestly, without all the code comments, I'm pretty sure one could look at this and the finished page and guess what each element does. HTML is that simple.

Wait, I don't understand. Why would you say
"making the conversion is likely to be incredibly difficult",
and
"one could look at this and the finished page and guess what each element does. HTML is that simple"?

When I said to accept DOCX file (it doesn't even have to be from Microsoft, could be Libre like what you use, or Google doc), I meant you open up the DOCX file, and just copy the paragraph manually to the HTML file, inside the <p></p>. You already know this, right? That's why you said HTML is that simple. It should be easy for you to figure out which part on the DOCX file goes where in the HTML. What part of the conversion do you think would be difficult?

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sorry.Wait, I don't understand. Why would you say
"making the conversion is likely to be incredibly difficult",
and
"one could look at this and the finished page and guess what each element does. HTML is that simple"?

When I said to accept DOCX file (it doesn't even have to be from Microsoft, could be Libre like what you use, or Google doc), I meant you open up the DOCX file, and just copy the paragraph manually to the HTML file, inside the <p></p>. You already know this, right? That's why you said HTML is that simple. It should be easy for you to figure out which part on the DOCX file goes where in the HTML. What part of the conversion do you think would be difficult?
aaaaah~
That's mostly just time consuming
Sorry, my autism decided "hah yes open the docx in my libreoffice and export that as html file then fix that up"
1642290854064.png
pic is my current embodiment of autism being stupid
(toshino kyoko from yuru yuri)

(It's actually not that simple as every break in line {enter press} has to be marked with <br> if it's not a new paragraph)
Yeah no that sounded way simpler.
Still, if I find a good way to edit html (WYSIWYG editor with CSS support) then I'd much more prefer just going the html route, bloody autistic, sure, but that's how the cool guys do
It's late おやすみ
just
just make the articles pls, docx or html or just a raw text file with calls to put images (like I did before I got author status in LearnMMD), just make sure to include the image files in the zip so I can put it in properly...

Reactions: Thehyami