Random UTAU cover project

Tala

Momo's Minion
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/talaloid/hurting-for-a-very-hurtful[/soundcloud]

My Utaus are Azki Fulola & Konane Sutikku.
Azki sings the male part, Sutikku the female.

I'm kind of dissappointed because both had no oto :-(
I did one for both of them :smile:

Azki Fulola:
Azki has every japanese sample saved twice, in romaji and hiragana. But not everyone has frqs, and no alias, and the most of the samples were about 0.2 seconds long. -.- *so she's better off with fast songs xD* She has also recorded *i think* every letter. She has a nice tomboyish voice.
The quality is okay. But she seriously needs rerecording :I just longer samples.
The design is ... nothing special. Red jacket and a blue jeans, with blonde hair.

Konane Sutikku:
Konane has nice, long samples but no oto, >:sad: no alias but everything has frqs.
The samples have a lot of space before i with buzzing in the background so without oto it sounds like a broken TV. The quality semms good to me. She....it..... is a Stickfigure...
I think I'll keep him/her/it x)

I sound so mean TAT

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Cover finished!

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/pklpikachu/megan-shinaichi-ponponpon[/soundcloud]

My UTAUloid was Megan Shinaichi. I liked her oto. Like a lot. :3 The only complaints I have about her voice are that the voice samples kind of pop and the pronunciation of the r's are a bit too... r-ish, I guess? I don't really know how to describe it. ^_^;;

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
【UTAU Cover Song】Campanella【Kaninchen】

Voicebank Wise:
Kaninchen is a really nice UTAU. The thing is, I first thought that he was a shonen.
In Campanella, his voice was really high. It was only after I checked the voice samples when I realized the samples were deep.
As in, REALLY deep. So deep, it was actually hard to hear. (alone, that is)
But the voice works really well after putting it with an UST. But despite that, I had to lower Campanella down an octave so the voice would be similar to what it was in Daydream Flight video, which the creator made.
He comes fully oto-ed and frq-ed.
His voice is breathy, but not too breathy.
If lowered down an octave, his HANASU is unclear.
There is a small instance of static when he "la's" a lot.
Final Rating: 8/10

Design Wise:
FYI, there is a metal/rock band out there named Kaninchen. Apparently, Kaninchen means Rabbit in German.
Kaninchen's design comprises of
-A "Crypton" belt, except much thicker.
-An eyepatch.
-Uneven Sleeves, (I find the overly long sleeve odd).
-His hair...I can't tell whether it's white or pink... ((wait, it's both..))
-A bunny hood (reminds me of Yuzuki Yukari)
-Cyber boots.

Not the most original outfit, but then again, not the most generic, either.
He's unique enough to be...unique, I guess.
Still, he's going to be fun to draw.
Final Rating: 6/10

Dorielf

Momo's Minion
Here's the second Utau I used (better late than never):

[Halt Tanner] Nazotoki [Utau Cover]

Halt Tanner

This is Halt Tanner's Japanese CV voicebank. She also has a lite English VB, but I.. don't know how to use it. ^_^;; This VB is completely oto'd and all the main sounds are aliased in hiragana. I'd say the oto is well done too.:3 She also has prefixes to extend her range. My one complaint is that the samples tend to vary quite a bit in pitch and volume.

For me her design is hit and miss. I do like the asymmetrical outfit, and the bright bright colors. But the mullet is kind of off putting; in combination with her voice, it makes her kind of mannish, imo.

Overall, I'd say that Halt has a very unique voice, and I'm looking forward to hearing further VB's from her.

Oh p.s., the mixing in the video is slightly off... that's my bad. I swear, when I was listening to it the other night it was on time. D:

Robin Tair

Momo's Minion
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/robintair/pierrot-replica-kunmono[/soundcloud]
There -was- a  video all made and ready.. but  youtube refused to upload it.. three days straight *Cries*
Replica Kumono
~~~~~~~

Review:

I'll be  spiltting this part into  Three  parts, Voice,  Desgin  and  usability! :3
I wil ldisclaimer though  that I am -not- an expert. So This is all just  my opinion,  neatly laid out but still an opinion.

Part one: Voice
Replica's Voice is a very mature/Deep Middle  to low range  Voice.
The Voice samples are clear,  soft-like but  easily understandable.
However they are  icnredably long, reaching  two to almost three seconds.
UTAU Samples should be about one to one and half seconds long,  with  a,e,I,o,u and n  being longer.

She has allot of samples, and the accent is in  this Gajin's view anyway, farily good.
Except for the R samples, which hold a more western tone, Not as bad as some UTAU, But stil lthere. But The bank does have l sounds so if they bug someone that much,  it'd be easily to alias  the l's into r's.

Her Clarity is  very good  and the tone is a pleasent rare example of a  good deep femmine voice.

Replica  sounds best in Freesamp with  a YO flag  and  an F flag for when she absolutely has to sing high notes, Although it is recamended that she  stays in  the mid to low ranges.
She seemed to glitch in both BKH  and Tips, Not playing in the former and becoming off time in the latter once  rendered as  a .wav

Overeall Voice opinion: A lovely voice but the  samples need to be  shorter in length!
~~~

Part two Design:
Replica has two designs, The main one fro her act one and a  second (Alternate?) desgin for act 2.
Both can be  viewed side by side here: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/184/5/9/replica_by_replica_luna-d3ktwuy.png

In my opnion, Act  one's desgin is Suprior, With more elements to it then Act two's desgin, Although both do have their flaws.

Act one's Desgin does have the potentional to be a great desgin, However it is  very simple, Which while not a bad thing, is not helped by  each item of clothing being a different colour, giving the outfit no sense  of Balance.
While Act two does correct that flaw, it falls short due to again, Being too simple but with  the added  fault  of appearing to much like  a Generic Cryrton try without of any Cryton's  flair,
It feels lifeless and doesn't catch  the eye.

If I where to give Advice  I would sujjest Taking Act one's desgin  and  give it: A A proper cholour Scheme,  Googgle colour theroy to help  if you are  unsure and more detrail, use a  vest like this http://hellolace.net/wardrobe/alice-and-the-pirates/type/outerwear/item/47/  or a blosue like this http://www.babyssb.co.jp/shopping/ap/blouse/107P444.html Little details help catch  the eye and  a good desgin is important, Equal to a good voice.

Overall Desgin opinion: overly simple but Act one's desgin shows  promise.

Usability:

Replicia is very easy to use...
As long as you don't use TIPS or BHK.
The otos are very decent and I didn't see too much a fault.
She responds well to flags and pitchbends  and  doesn't need too much tuning to sound decent.
Asides from  the length  of her samples, She's very easy to use.
~~~~~~~~
All in All Replica is a very well done bank  that I'd highly recamend for useage in songs.

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
Hmm~ Well I wasn't planning on making this an ongoing project, but maybe if some other people want a round two...?

I can go ahead and send you those, but after that I'd suggest clicking the "random page" button until you find an UTAU with a download link. That is, if no one else wants a round two.

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
Alright, here's who's signed up for Round 2:

Robim Tair
kirrinx
TheSnowSongstress
Dorielf
Viko

I'll send out UTAU choices for y'all to use on the 7th (next Wednesday).

Robin Tair

Momo's Minion
Satsuki Souka
~~~~~~~

Review:

I'll be  splitting this part into  Three  parts, Voice,  Design  and  usability! :3
I will disclaimer though  that I am -not- an expert. So This is all just  my opinion,  neatly laid out but still an opinion.

Part one: Voice
Satsuki Souka's Voice is a clear male voice with a flexible range,  Although if you go to C5  or C1 he will start to sound silly.
The samples are  very good,  with a proper oto and  due to his voicer being from Japan,  there are no pronunciation faults that I can tell of.

They are however  a bit on  the long side in some samples.

Overeall Voice opinion:  Flawless  bank is flawless, Though some samples do seem to be abit on  the long side.
~~~

Part two Design:
His design can be seen here: http://utau.wikia.com/wiki/File:4577149.jpg
His design and  some reference sheets for his headware and  upper torso/head where  helpfully included in another folder along with  the voice bank
It's  quite a simple traditional outfit  with a very interesting  twist on the  typical headset most UTAU often have.  The Headset is old looking with miniature “gongs” on one  headphone and a dial on  the other. They are attached to a rather  old Telephone style cord with connects to what I can only describe as a  brass and wood-esque cup shaped microphone. Unfortunately I can't read Japanese so I couldn't read the notes on  the reference for the set but it was certainly a rather  unique and good twist.

Sadly the rest of his design isn't as  twist filled as the headset and is rather plain except for an armband/Hook for the microphone? On of his arms.
It's not bad, Simple can be good however. But it doesn't seem to in my opinion jell with  the headset.

A problem I did find though was that his shoes where a dark blue.. but there was no more blues except for it  which is  kinds jarring since the rest of the desgin is greens, greys, browns/reds and dirty yellows.
Overall Desgin opinion:  It's good, but the shoes bug me.

Usability:
Satsuki Souka is a dream to use a dreeeeeaaam~
He responds while to pitchbends, doesn't have  any froggy or buggy notes and  has an excellent range.
All resamplers that I could test with him worked well and without problems, including the more fickle Wordl4UTAU sampler.

~~~~~~~~
In short,  Download this bank, Download it now, You won't regret it.

Dorielf

Momo's Minion
Sorry this is taking me so long, I've been busy with irl work. Normally I'd post a Youtube video of this, but I'll have to do it later.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/brokensilverdrop/utau-cover-kagerou-days-kazuki[/soundcloud]

Here's Kazuki Unmei. Here's a very quick review: I like this VB. It is in romaji with hiragana aliases. All the sounds are there, including what I think are some extras, and one VCV recording for "ai". The "r" sounds are well done imo. All the samples are recorded at the same pitch, which is nice and low, giving him a good range.

I think he was pretty clear in this song. When I fit his voicebank to "Bad Apple!" though, it came out very unclear. I'm not sure why that is; it may be cause the samples are a little short? Also, I think this may be an accent thing, but the "g" sounds all sound like "v" and some of the "y" sounds say "j".

I like that his name has a pleasant meaning to it (和希 (Kazuki) - 和 (Kazu) "Harmony", '希 (Ki) "Hope"運命 (Unmei) - "Destiny".) I can only find a headshot of his art, so I can't really say too much about his design. It looks pretty basic, but is again, pleasant.

Overall I'd say it's pretty good. :3

candymarbles

Teto's Territory
WOOHOO I finally got it done~! I was kind of swamped with homework, so if it took me too long, I'm sorry ^^;

[UTAU Kotone Utami LIGHT & Christophe] Last Battle [ラストバトル]

Okay, so I used two of the UTAU I was given, mainly because I wanted to do this song a whole lot, and you need two people. I used Kotone Utami's LIGHT bank and Christophe, which were both aliased.

Kotone Utami LIGHT
For one, I liked her design. It did follow the miku formula to some extent, though. Her personality was rather original, and I wouldn't call Kotone a mary sue. She didn't have much of an oto, so I did that myself. The real problem, if any, was that the recordings(not the oto) were kind of messed up. Most of the "h"sounds in ha, hi, and hyo were cut off from the recording, and sometimes whole consonants were gone. Also, some consonants sounded like different consonants. On the plus side, though, her bank did have all of the .frq files.

Christophe
I don't have many complaints for Christophe, just the fact that sometimes too much consonant was cut off from the oto. His bank was fully frqed. Also, he's a pirate. And pirates are awesome.

(a little add-on: they sound kind of distorted because I was trying to make a radio effect. At least I tried my best ;v:wink:

kirrinx

Teto's Territory
Here's my reivew o 3o//currently remixing the song //edit when i finish =3=

Here's my review for the UTAU Lin Shizu, i first downloaded her bank and looked at some of her creators works and noticed she has a nice soft gentle type of voice its slightly mature but not as much her voice fits her age :3

overall her oto's ^~^ are well done, nothing sounds off when i used her singing this song

and she is actually pretty fun to use *U* her breathy/soft voice is quite pleasant to listen too ~

Some minor stuff that could be fixed are her:
K' samples are a bit too kha sounding they are a bit aspirated ~
R' samples are pronounced like English like R's ~

Overal recording consistency I'd give her a 8.9/10 ( the pitch is fairly stable but in the oto screen its quite squigly and not as consistent when comparing a few samples)
Oto quality 9.8/10 ( some of the cut off could be adjusted but otherwise its fine :3
Her pronunciation 9/10 ( only R's are off her vowels are pronounced correctly ~)
Her design 10/10 ( very cute and original *U* i personally like how her glasses give her a more mature feel to this UTAUloid)