Recording pitch(es)

A

Adlez

I used to record at C4, but after recording Mita's VCV I found out that UTAU sounds more similar to my actual singing voice when I record at F4.

For male banks, I recorded at A3, but obviously I've come a long way and can hit lower notes now.

As for multipitch, I have done some experiments on recording it but when I actually make a bank I'll probably do something like Ritsu Kire's pitches.

What pitch do you record at?

Asteriski

Teto's Territory
I usually record Azure at C4. Crimson gets the lowest note I can hit with her voice. Calliope is a slightly higher voice, but pitched down.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well, Kimusume is recorded at G#4, Kaisho at C#4 for base longside E4 for a high pitch and A#3 for a low pitch, and Leil is F4 with a sakebi pitch planned at A4.

I don't really plan pitches at all, just record. I do find Leil's F4 my most comfortable pitch though with great results, though some people say it's too high for them. Though as a note, don't think you have to do C5 if you want a Kire/Sakebi type bank. I tried C5, it's HARD, but A4 which is really close creates pretty much the same effect at a note I can actually record efficiently.

A

Adlez

My voice is naturally high so I can hit C5 without a problem. It only starts getting hard at G5, so maybe for my multipitch I'll have a powerful high pitch and a weak high pitch for even higher notes that sound more strained.

With practice I've been able so sing lower and lower, reaching C3. But I will probably do those low pitches as addons to the multipitch bank to make genderbending better.

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
I don't typically think about what particular note I'm singing at, so long as I keep it consistent for each pitch.

For male base pitches I hit around an F3 for recording, and for females about an F4, at least from my inferencing.

I've got a pretty wide range myself [I can get about two and a half octaves on a good day], so it's hard to pinpoint where my UTAUs would really fall.

I do know that Katsu's low pitch is my lowest voice, and Toshiko's high pitch is my highest voice, although I don't know what pitch they're at.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I was messing around with UTAU and I ended up finding the pitches I want to use for my multipitch bank, Mita Souzou NEXT.

They are D3, F3, C4, F4, A#4, D#5, and F#5. It spans more than 2 octaves. The lowest and highest pitch will sound weak and strained, so the UTAU will sound as if they are unable to sing outside of their range. F3 covers my low range and the other four are spaced like Kire, but moved up a bit. If genderbending you'd probably have to remove the lowest weak pitch so that low notes will still sound strong.

Realistically, I probably won't be able to record everything... The reclist I wrote is quite long.