Resolved Reinstate height limit on signatures?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I remember when we introduced a limit on the height/size of signatures on a previous iteration of the forum. Although we did have to adjust by using spoiler tags, etc. it ultimately resulted in a better reading experience where forum threads weren't dominated by extremely long signatures.
Is there any way to automatically shorten long signatures under a "read more" or otherwise limit the height on the current software?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
This sounds like it should be feasible. We'll look into it!

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Marking thread resolved.

Theme update should give signatures should have a maximum height. If total height exceeds the maximum it should collapse the sig and require a click to expand it to full height. I am not sure what the exact height is before it starts collapsing, I didn't see an option to configure or change it, but in recent testing it seems to work.

Edit: Apparently, I broke it, I will open a ticket with our theme developer. It used to work lol. We still have a couple months paid support from when I bought this premium theme.

Edit 2: Apparently, it just fixed itself? I was just turning things on and off, *shrug* If it breaks again I will open another ticket.

Last edited:
Reactions: Halo and Kiyoteru