Resamplers help + advices

vampirebitesxx

Teto's Territory
Hi, Im new here.
I have Utau in my desktop for 2 years and started playing with it last week.

I decided to play with my own VCV utauloid that been recorded 2 years ago and test out which resamplers work for my utauloid VB. The outcome wasn't pleasing. I pretty much test all of the existing resamplers out there (except M4) only 2/5 sound good to my ears.

The following resamplers worked and is okay are: Resampler & Resampler.dll
Following resamplers worked but have issues are: Bkho1 (nasal sounding), TIPS (high note + ringing sound on long low notes), EFB-GT (Bad BG noise)

sample here provided: https://www.box.com/s/e0j1cz706pn4oyfwlieh
[size=small](resamplers order with no flags: Resampler, Resampler.dll, Bkho1, TIPS, EFB-GT)

Following resamplers doesn't worked: fresamp, EFB-GW, world4utau, tn_fnds, EFB-PB
(fresamp work with other VB in my file but not my own V:shades:

I need some advice on which resamplers that does work and would be good for me to used or i'll pretty much stick to metallic sounding Resampler/Resampler.dll.[/size] I would like to have non-metallic sounding though.

meichan

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I seriously only used resampler.dll for the longest time just because of the progress bar.
I never was fond of any other resampler until the new version of Resampler came out, and that had a progress bar in the black window that popped up.

Once you get good at mixing you kind of care less and less about resamplers.

Tips WAS nice for very whispery banks if I remember correctly . . .
But the new resampler kind of just fixed all the old resampler's problems so I never went back.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I agree. If the regular resampler works well for you I'd just use it. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think there is any bank that works well on every resampler. And the standard one isn't bad at all.

vampirebitesxx

Teto's Territory
@smeen @meichan

Thanks for your advices.
I was thinking of sticking with resampler until i watched other utaus cover with fresampler. That's when i kind of get picky of which resampler to used to make my own utau sound more natural.

meichan

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
To be honest, what resampler you use is NO WHERE NEAR as important as how well you mix.

Good mixing can actually make a super robotic voice sound less super robotic. I can make Defoko sound pretty darn natural if I just play with ReaFIR and harmonies long enough.