Source files not showing in sound list/Mass Convert source files to romaji

V6Fluke

Momo's Minion
  Hello there! I've run into a problem. I've successfully installed two other voice banks, but my attempts to install nene nene properly have got me stumped. After spending several hours pouring through forums and F.A.Qs as well as bashing  my head against this myself I come asking for help.

So, for some reason, when I look at nene's sound bank there is absolutely nothing but her sample song. No syllables, just the sample song. Now, my computer itself cannot display Japanese properly, but Utau IS being run through app locale. Now, this shouldn't be aproblem in the first place considering Teto's souce .wav files are in Japanese yet she works. My other installed voice bank has his source files romanized, and he works as well.

What I DID notice however, is that the sample song file is romanized and the syllables are not. (Why the sample song is in that folder is beyond me, I ended up removing it.) So I renamed a syllable's source file and romanized it. It worked.

So I am left with two very frustrating choices.
I can:
A- pray someone knows how to fix the lack of syllables displaying in the sound list and/or is familiar with something that may be Nene specific that is causing this problem.
or-!
B- Attempt to rename all the source files myself. Which would be fine were it not for the fact that it's somewhat hard for me to differentiate between sounds, as I am not well enough learned in Japanese to recognize them by ear. Charts don't help me here. Nene is soft spoken as well. :c I don't want to screw up the voicebank by mislabeling it all and misusing it.

Thank you for your time in reading this! I will be utterly embarrassed if this is an extremely easy fix that I just happened to miss. ;w;/ ♥ Adopt a newb- she will love you forever- etc etc.

Dojan

Momo's Minion
I'm confused as to what the problem is exactly.
The samples filenames are in hiragana, correct? Since your system is not set to default to unicode, these filenames display incorrectly, also correct?

Are the sample filenames in the oto.ini file romanized or are they kana as well? It sounds weird that the samples are in Hiragana, yet you simply romanize a sample and it matches up with the oto. The oto doesn't know of the changes, so assuming that the entry in the oto file points towards a kana filename, it still wouldn't work.

Did you miss explaining a step or? If not, could you link the bank, I'd like to take a look myself.

V6Fluke

Momo's Minion
Thanks for getting back to me! I didn't skip any steps. Yes, the file names are in Hiragana. Yes, they don't display correctly on my system. Which is perfectly fine with me! Where they don't display however, is in the sound list in Utau itself. That is the problem: the fact that the sounds don't show up in the sound list.

Here are Nene's source files open next to Utau's sound list. The romanized wa is the only thing displaying for some reason.
347ilpx.png

And Teto's, displaying correctly.
2ecg5xu.png
(Of course a lot of files have been cropped out of the screenshot, I just wanted to get the idea across!)

I took a look at Nene's oto.ini and it appears to be in hiragana. Judging by the strange symbols my computer is displaying it as, anyway!

Here is the bank!

I'm confused as why simply romanizing a filename would make it work as well. Again, thank you for your time in getting back to me! I really appreciate it.

V6Fluke

Momo's Minion
I'm running on 0.2.77. Is that not the latest version?
That box comes from just right clicking the blank area in the keyroll and clicking on the sound list option.