Synthesizer V

Yanderu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
OMFG HYPE TRAIN, TIME TO LEARN HOW TO TUNE AND USE ANOTHER SYNTH (if its free)
[doublepost=1533780604][/doublepost]
OMFG HYPE TRAIN, TIME TO LEARN HOW TO TUNE AND USE ANOTHER SYNTH (if its free)
I don't care, im not updating windows anytime soon because the countdown tab.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
SynthV’s techinal preview is available for download. It works on Windows and Linux(rip Mac users for now) and includes one english voice, Elanor Forte, previously known as ENG-F1.
Website

orangezilla

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
We've got to remember that Kanru Hua spent years developing this software on his own - that's a hell of a lot of effort. It would be incredibly generous if he gave random strangers free, unrestricted third party licenses with no quality control to boot.

Pikachuk(SeleDreamsP)

Teto is love, Teto is life (Rin too)
Defender of Defoko
What I never understood with synthetizer V is "what's the point to make an alternative to UTAU if it's not even open source"
Because the current problem with UTAU is that because it's not open source, once the developper stops caring, the software never progresses because nobody can update it, and the same thing would happen with synthetizer V once the dev starts to work on something else
I dunno, for me it just doesn't feel right

P

partial

I don't think Synth V is meant to be an alternative for UTAU. It's just a new synth on its own until Kanru says otherwise.

Reactions: Kiyoteru and Halo

✧ Elfrida ✧

The Space Witch
Defender of Defoko
We still don't even know if it'll support us making our own banks in it, let alone pre-made UTAU voice banks. That'd be great, since it'd give us an up to date alternative that works more like a modern vocal synth. That's still uncertain last I heart, even with Renri being used in the program for a bit.

Reactions: partial

Pikachuk(SeleDreamsP)

Teto is love, Teto is life (Rin too)
Defender of Defoko
We still don't even know if it'll support us making our own banks in it, let alone pre-made UTAU voice banks. That'd be great, since it'd give us an up to date alternative that works more like a modern vocal synth. That's still uncertain last I heart, even with Renri being used in the program for a bit.
Maybe...
But I'm personnally not really that hyped since for closed source stuff there's already alter ego, aquestalk and obviously VOCALOID, CeVIO and VOICEROID with UTAU too

while in the open source there's only some and they're rare, I support more projects like UTSU and Cadencii (even if it's highly unfinished)

✧ Elfrida ✧

The Space Witch
Defender of Defoko
Maybe...
But I'm personnally not really that hyped since for closed source stuff there's already alter ego, aquestalk and obviously VOCALOID, CeVIO and VOICEROID with UTAU too

while in the open source there's only some and they're rare, I support more projects like UTSU and Cadencii (even if it's highly unfinished)

I understand tbh. I like to keep updated on vocal synth projects, but haven't really gotten involved with Synth V yet. I see the hype and I do hope it goes well, regardless of if it supports bank making or UTAU voices. I, like you, though am very concerned with that state of UTAU and potential projects that could extend it's lifespan.

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
When will SynthV get a port to the Mac?

I don't think Kanru has said anything about Mac yet... But my speculation is that it's probably unlikely Synth V will go to Mac any time soon and being Mac compatible is probably not his top priority. I don't think he even has any plans to make Moresampler mac compatible yet ( could be wrong, but i've lost hope tbh.) These are just my thoughts.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I don't think Kanru has said anything about Mac yet... But my speculation is that it's probably unlikely Synth V will go to Mac any time soon and being Mac compatible is probably not his top priority. I don't think he even has any plans to make Moresampler mac compatible yet ( could be wrong, but i've lost hope tbh.) These are just my thoughts.
I thought that a mac version was used in some of the demos. I might be wrong though.

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I thought that a mac version was used in some of the demos. I might be wrong though.
wait really? I guess I might be behind but I searched around and I almost for sure thought a mac version wasn't available yet, since i didnt find one on the official synth v site.
If you did see mac demos, its possible that the poster used wine to use the program ... which doesnt work for me but it might work for other people. but im really hoping for a mac based download where i dont have to try and use wine.