teto's whisper voicebank not working properly.

sodalitee

Teto's Territory
(sorry to repost this a 3rd time! i've been having an admin help me with my account, since nobody seems to be able to comment on my threads, nor am i able to edit them, so i'm just transferring my threads to another account now.)

i've been using the UTAU program for a few months now, and i pretty much know how everything works at this point. but i've been having this problem as of recent that's really been bugging me and it's hard to make certain covers because of teto's whisper voicebank not working properly.

i've downloaded teto's VCV whisper voicebank. (yes, the updated VCV one on the english website - i've even downloaded both versions of the voicebank to see i got them mixed up.) the problem i'm having is that while i'm using her whisper voicebank, it tends to skip certain notes for no reason. i'm unsure why this is - i've used the right suffix, i've tried reinstalling her whisper voicebank numerous times, and i've even tried using different resamplers / USTs to see if that was the problem. i've even had my friend send me his oto.ini file to see if mine was corrupted in some way.

i'm unsure what to do to fix it - i haven't really seen any other threads cover this topic before, so i'd really appreciate any help at all! thanks so much! below is a video of what i mean by "skipping notes" - no sound produces on certain notes.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
What happens when you select only the notes that aren't playing? Is it the same broken notes regardless of resampler/UST? When you use ctrl+g while selecting a broken note does it open the individual waveform?

sodalitee

Teto's Territory
What happens when you select only the notes that aren't playing? Is it the same broken notes regardless of resampler/UST? When you use ctrl+g while selecting a broken note does it open the individual waveform?
thanks for the reply! unfortunately, yes, i've tried selecting the notes that aren't playing, they seem to offer the same results. i'm unsure what ctrl+g does, but i included it in the video below anyways.

i'm really unsure what i did to cause all of this - her whisper voicebank worked perfectly fine until recent. the only thing i did "recently" was move my UTAU folder to my documents folder, but even then, it still worked fine.

sodalitee

Teto's Territory
sorry to bump this, but does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this...? it's really hard to make covers without her whisper voicebank working...
:cry:

sodalitee

Teto's Territory
again, i'm really sorry to bump this, but i'm really just at a loss here. i've tried uninstalling and re-installing UTAU twice now, and teto's whisper voicebank just keeps cutting out at random notes. i've been using different resamplers, different USTs; i've even had friends send me their copy of teto's whisper voicebank to see if my download was somehow corrupted.

i'm unsure what ctrl + g does, but whatever it does, messing around with it doesn't seem to be affecting it at all. my computer locale is set to japanese, i'm using the right suffix, i'm running the program as the computer administrator... i genuinely don't know what could be affecting this.

again, i'm really sorry to be such a pain about all of this, but if anyone has any suggestions or solutions on how to fix this, i'd really like some help!
CdbLbqB.png

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Is it specific notes that don't play, or is it random skips each time? What resampler and wavtool are you using?

Reactions: Big_B

sodalitee

Teto's Territory
Is it specific notes that don't play, or is it random skips each time? What resampler and wavtool are you using?
it seems to be specific notes. i've tried different USTs, she just seems to skip certain notes. they usually aren't the same as the others, like the videos above show ^

i currently use these settings. i've tried changing them, but i'm unsure if that's the issue.

upload_2020-8-3_15-35-10.png

Reactions: partial

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
the wavtool and resamplers you use wouldn't be the issue. sometimes if you use moresampler and set the wavtool to something else (moresampler can be used as both a wavtool and a resampler, and that is its default setting iirc) it outputs weird results though, which is why I was asking. since you're not using moresampler here, that doesn't seem to be the case.

would you mind posting a screen cap of some of the notes that won't play and maybe pm the ust to me privately? I'm on mobile atm so it's hard for me to see clearly in the video and I want to help you asap.

Reactions: Big_B and sodalitee

sodalitee

Teto's Territory
the wavtool and resamplers you use wouldn't be the issue. sometimes if you use moresampler and set the wavtool to something else (moresampler can be used as both a wavtool and a resampler, and that is its default setting iirc) it outputs weird results though, which is why I was asking. since you're not using moresampler here, that doesn't seem to be the case.

would you mind posting a screen cap of some of the notes that won't play and maybe pm the ust to me privately? I'm on mobile atm so it's hard for me to see clearly in the video and I want to help you asap.
yeah, sure! although i have to warn you, it's not just one UST, it's multiple. she just seems to... cut out, on certain notes. they're usually never the same.

upload_2020-8-4_16-57-30.png

here's a screencap of the first set of notes i'm having trouble with. i'm using a UST i'm trying to tune right now, which is Record Red, as an example. the notes she's supposed to sing is "fi", "ru" and "mu", but she skips the "fi" entirely, and it plays the "ru" and "mu" notes where the "fi" note is, and then ignores the other notes. she does this with other notes as well throughout the UST, and many other USTs, so it's not just this section - this is just an example of her voicebank being messed up for me.

below is an example video (for when you're not on mobile) of her normal VCV voicebank vs her whisper voicebank for an easier explanation. i'll make sure to dm you the UST, though, but again, it's not just this UST she has trouble with.

vflower

Momo's Minion
im also having the same problem, she’ll only sing start notes ( - あ, - ろ, etc…) but she wont sing notes like these ( o わ, a し, i ち).

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
im also having the same problem, she’ll only sing start notes ( - あ, - ろ, etc…) but she wont sing notes like these ( o わ, a し, i ち).
Can you please post a screencap of a UST you're having issues with as well as the voicebank settings window (Tools(T) > Voicebank Settings(S))

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ohh, did you tried to access this window and change it's configurations?

1629237746665.png

VCV and CVVCs need you to configure note by note thei preutterance and overlap values, so you need to access this window and configure everything until it's set up perfectly. But before you do it you need to do this:

First - Make a backup of your ust in case it doesn't work. You just need to go to file, then "save as" and save this second version of your ust with a different name.

Second - Select all notes with Ctrl+A

Third - Press the right button of your mouse and select region property
1629237980770.png

This window will appear:

1629238008928.png

Fourth - Press clear, put 0 at consonant velocity, BRE, clean flags and zero in STP too. After that press "Ok"

Fifth - With all the notes selected, press P3P2 and then ACPT.

Try now, but probably you don't need to do this. I guess your problem just may be bc you didn't fit the UST properly to the VB you're using. So I recommend you to access this window and make changes at Preu and Overlap values until you hear her singing something. VCVs and CVVCs sometimes can be really tricky for new users.

Stay fine, byenara~ <3

Reactions: partial

vflower

Momo's Minion
Ohh, did you tried to access this window and change it's configurations?

View attachment 10704

VCV and CVVCs need you to configure note by note thei preutterance and overlap values, so you need to access this window and configure everything until it's set up perfectly. But before you do it you need to do this:

First - Make a backup of your ust in case it doesn't work. You just need to go to file, then "save as" and save this second version of your ust with a different name.

Second - Select all notes with Ctrl+A

Third - Press the right button of your mouse and select region property
View attachment 10705

This window will appear:

View attachment 10706

Fourth - Press clear, put 0 at consonant velocity, BRE, clean flags and zero in STP too. After that press "Ok"

Fifth - With all the notes selected, press P3P2 and then ACPT.

Try now, but probably you don't need to do this. I guess your problem just may be bc you didn't fit the UST properly to the VB you're using. So I recommend you to access this window and make changes at Preu and Overlap values until you hear her singing something. VCVs and CVVCs sometimes can be really tricky for new users.

Stay fine, byenara~ <3
Ah, I didnt download someone else's ust and attempted to make one myself, so the situation isnt exactly the same, sorry! :sad:

vflower

Momo's Minion
Can you please post a screencap of a UST you're having issues with as well as the voicebank settings window (Tools(T) > Voicebank Settings(S))

I was trying to make my own UST but I've only started on the first notes because I stopped when I noticed she wouldn't singscreenshot.png

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah, sorry. What I meant was can you select just one individual note, and then hit CTRL G?
If it doesn't bring up a box similar to this then there's something wrong.
1629289924539.png

Try moving the voicebank folder to another location such as Desktop as well.

vflower

Momo's Minion
Ah, sorry. What I meant was can you select just one individual note, and then hit CTRL G?
If it doesn't bring up a box similar to this then there's something wrong.
View attachment 10710

Try moving the voicebank folder to another location such as Desktop as well.

screenshot.png
I can't really see if there's something wrong because im fairly inexperienced on how to make voicebanks :/