tips for making a voice synthesizer

人ロボット歌

Momo's Minion
hey! so... i'm learning programming and decided to make a utau or vocaloid style voice synthesizer but i'm a complete beginner who just wrote ("hello world!")...
so absolutely any tip from how voice works to which coding language is the best to do this project helps me
I'm only learning about C# because I'm told it's one of the best for beginners
(I'm a complete beginner so there's 50% of me finishing this successfully and 50% of me just forgetting everything and pretending nothing happened)

Tired Nap GIF

Last edited:
Reactions: MoaHarbour

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
C#? My thought would be to pick apart OpenUtau and see if you can learn anything from how it implements basic functions.

人ロボット歌

Momo's Minion
C#? My thought would be to pick apart OpenUtau and see if you can learn anything from how it implements basic functions.
I thought about doing this... but after philosophizing with myself I decided to do everything from 0
probably it will be a little strange at first because it's just a reason to learn programming, and because I don't know much English
but... if I really like it, something cool can come out! I have many ideas I just have to learn how to make them and develop them!

:wink:

undef0Karakter

Momo's Minion
Following Halo's mindset, kind of, something very popular and good in coding is reverse engineering. I used to do this when I was learning in HTML and CSS and it helped a lot, really!

Don't be afraid to reverse engineer anything, OpenUTAU and UTSU are both on Github and are in two different coding languages as far as I know. I don't know how UTSU's development is going now (I can't compile the project, dumb me goes with installers for being slow minded haha).

And very contrary to what it could look on a first sight, no, it's not cheating. Programmers put their codes online for a reason!! They want to make each other's life easier. There are programmers who spent years on a single thing, and they were so frustrated when it was done, that they don't want others to have that much of a painful journey. As long as you don't copy an UI (user interface) or a code completely from start to end of the program, I think you should be fine.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you have a lot of useful ideas, and the drive to implement them, you can also contribute to making OpenUtau that much better. As an open source project, anyone is welcome to work on it and help out.

Reactions: 人ロボット歌