using .ust files in audacity??

Kasane Teto-kun

Teto's Territory
hi all! apologies in advance for any dumb questions, or questions that have been answered before, i'm very new to the program and forum ;w;" i'm trying to make a cover in UTAU, but i've always used audacity to edit audio for other things, so i'm most comfortable with the program. however, it's not compatible with .ust files, and i can't find anywhere to convert those to a file type that audacity can read. also, converting to MIDI isn't an option because it doesn't play the syllables, just the notes. is there a place i can convert .ust to MP3 or something, or a free audio editing software that i can layer the main and harmony .usts in?? thanks so much!

isengaara

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Unfortunately Audacity does not support UST. Audacity can import Text files, I could write an UTAU Plugin that converts USTs to Text files that Audacity can import.

vlbonnie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
If you're trying to get the singing from the UST, you have to first render them in UTAU. You can use the audio from there.

Open the UST in UTAU, go to the "Play" option at the top, and select "render wav file." Do this for the harmony and main tracks, then you should be able to use both of the rendered wavs in Audacity.

Kasane Teto-kun

Teto's Territory
If you're trying to get the singing from the UST, you have to first render them in UTAU. You can use the audio from there.

Open the UST in UTAU, go to the "Play" option at the top, and select "render wav file." Do this for the harmony and main tracks, then you should be able to use both of the rendered wavs in Audacity.

ah, okay! thank you so much!!! TwT

Reactions: vlbonnie