UST's That Need a Revamp

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I like Thousand Year Solo's UST (unless it's gone now?), I find it very nice and accurate, and if you have the Mode1 > Mode2 plugin Yurahonya's Pantsu Nugeru Mon is awesome.

Alongside Sango's old VSQs, I'd also say Masao's old USTs - gosh the overuse of autovibrato and occasional innacurateness drive me nuts. Though a lot of his have already recieved revamps.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
...Okay, found it back on the old forum.
http://s4.zetaboards.com/International_UTAU/single/?p=8269181&t=9212596
If Tady's explanation doesn't make sense, I'll try to explain it (I poked around a bit to figure it out).
Though there aren't many Mode1 USTs worth using it on. XD Pantsu Nugeru Mon and Kocchi Muite Baby (hence why I didn't mention them), but I can't think of many others. Most are mega-many part USTs.

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Argghh how do you quote omw asgdj.

I feel like I'm missing out on secret awesome usts honestly XD. I didn't know that the Spica AND Soundless Voice usts got updated or are good already /goes to look both of them up. I mean, most of the usts I list on here are ones I haven't seen updates in a while--not that they are "bad," just really old, or I haven't caught the newer/nicer ones because I'm blind like that. It may just be me being picky. I'm really picky.

I sorta kinda also agree with shinami on the fact that I like stunning sparkly usts tuned with amazingness once in a while. Pitchbending is hard--even when you get the hang of it. Being a perfectionist is even worse. Those two added together is hard work you'd rather not put up with OTL.

Anyways more usts that could be revamped:
Dango Daikazoku
Yuuhi Saka (tuning is nice but timing is a bit off sometimes ;w:wink:
Dear You(and some of its variations)

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
*cough* samfree has no idea how to pitchbend vocaloids either *cough*
*cough* his music and melodies are always good and catchy but the vocals leave a lot to be desired *cough*

There WAS a UST, did Samfree himself release it? I don't know, I just know I have it in my folder and it's the blandest thing ever. But I like the song a lot, up there with Lily's and Iroha's in my favorites of his.

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
Umm... JadeLanunders' Fukkireta?
This sheet is known to produce tone-deaf results.

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
@Shinami - Yooooo Lynne is a great song, I'd totally make a new UST [or rather an actual UST] for it!! //aha I always wanted to cover it so thanks for the reminder u ___ u

@Miramiee - ahaHAHAHA FRICK I still haven't finished my Proof of Life UST dude I'll have to get on that too

@Snow - DANG this thread makes me sad because it's reminding of all the WIPs I have.. Well actually, I edited the old Freely Tomorrow UST a long time ago but I considered about remaking it completely. [Also Cola, the UST has been taken down since like forever lol]
--
May I make a little point about what you suggest needs a new UST? Like, some of the songs I saw from a few people have perfectly fine USTs - mode 2, correct timing, fine harmonies etc..
PERSONALLY, I think songs that need revamped USTs are ones that you can barely work like off tune, mode 1 USTs and ones with actual mistakes, you know??? If it's a matter of editing the tuning slightly lmao that's something you should be doing on your own regardless. //I think some of you touched on it lmao I didn't read this whole thread// Also, keep in mind that people have different opinions how they want USTs tuned. There's a difference between really hard to use and what you prefer.

I mean just..to take precautions before you make suggestions because you may or may not be implying that their UST is bad even when it's probably fine? And like..it can come off as offensive?? //Especially if you're not going to do anything about it by remaking it yourself..??? This is just how I feel at least ahah //wants people to take a little bit more initiative // Sorry if I come off as a bit uptight by saying this. :O

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
TheSnowSongstress said:
we're just making lists of songs we want to see revamped ust for stormy;;;
i mean think of all of the mode1 ust that are outdated, or all of the usts that don't even have pitchbends on them period. They're not necessarily bad, but could in fact be revamped

Shinami~ I thought that would go under my Night song category XD

Also~
Freely Tomorrow (Ust doesn't do the song justice: sorry)
Shinkai Shoujo (one is off time, one is in pieces)
My Room Disco Night
Nebula
My Good-bye (I NEED TO REMAKE THIS ONE SO:shades:
Yume No Katachi
Fire Flower
Setsuna Trip (Off time and pitchbends...)
Imitation Black
Acute
Shotgun Lovers
Lolipop Factory
Goodbye to Alice
Mr Music
Iroha Uta
Pantsu Nugeru Mon
Love And Joy
We Are Pop Candy
White Letter

Pretty much every old Sango VSQ that was imported into utau and rendered as is

I have a Shinkai Shoujo UST in progress~ Even though it's only one you can cross that off your list I'll finish it soon it's fairly easy.

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
I spy Nebula omfg my first UST. I'll fix that today! Should be a quick project.

If any of my other USTs in particular need revamping (which I know some do) please let me know and I'll get to that. I fixed "Escape" already I'm just waiting to release it with Mahou Yuki ouo/

PuddingPuff

Teto's Territory
I wouldn't mind trying to revamp a few of these .usts. I'm already working on Alice of Human Sacrifice, although I know Cdra released a .ust for it a little over a year ago. I'm kind of hesitant to offer, because I might not really reach your expectations, but if and when I release these revamps, it's there.

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Guess who's finished!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEYgNLNQSYI[/youtube]

Download: http://www.4shared.com/zip/v8nBH2AV/Nebula_USTs.html

Any more I should fix up this week?