UTAU and You, a project to provide a free downloadable textbook for UTAU users.

How do you feel about the creation of a school-style textbook for teaching the UTAU software? 2 MAX)

• I like the idea and would greatly appreciation it's creation

• I believe that it's unnessisary as so many resources already exist

• A textbook created like one in a school would be too difficult to understand

• It would be good as long as only knowlegable individuals are involved in it's creation

• I think any user should be able to provide content for this textbook, regardless of skill/ability

Results are only viewable after voting.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello all,

As an UTAU user, I have noticed a severe deficiency in proper and updated learning resources for new users.
Sure, we got tutorials, but the accuracy leaves a lot to be desired and some are just plain incorrect and can often lead users down the wrong track.

While I was teaching my skype classes, I came with an idea "Why not create a textbook?"
And thus UTAU and You, improving your skillset for future endeavors was spawned.

UTAU and You is meant to be an Instructor and Student ready textbook for learning the basic ins-and-outs of the software and to create a better understanding of it's features.
The textbook will be made in an older "90s textbook ascetic" to create a comfortable, if not slightly cheesy, atmosphere.

It will be a tool, I aim to create a textbook that can be both a supplement for one-on-one and/or class-style teaching or even be invaluable on it's own.
The content will include text guides and updated images and examples to make it easier to understand

The final Textbook will be provided in a PDF ebook and formatted to fit both US Letter and international A4 paper types and be made so it can be a useful tool for anyone interested in teaching utau and those who want to learn it.
please note: The goal of this textbook is not to allow someone to be able to teach UTAU, being knowledgeable enough to skillfully teach others can take years of experience and is not for the faint of heart. Most people agree that the system of "noobs teaching noobs" is inadequate and unproductive, inefficient, and causes a large spread of inaccurate information created from opinions and wild assumptions.

While I am decently knowledgeable in the software, I cannot do it alone.
I am looking for experienced users who can proofread and provide easily understandable explanations and examples in an organized fashion.
**All submitted suggestions Will then be reviewed and considered for addition. Your suggestion is not guaranteed to be included in it's current form or at all. The idea may be kept but your content scraped to improve the sections quality and depth.

Thank you for your time and patience while I get everything organized, This is a long-term project and will take time.

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I love to help, I just can't do it right now. However if you need help after May 2015, I'm all ears.

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
I'd be willing to help out! I run a tutorial channel on Youtube and have been using UTAU regularly since 2012, so I think I'm fairly adept to teach others :o

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
Do you need someone to help proofread grammar and stuff? I don't think I could contribute meaningful information, but I could definitely help make it readable.

meichan

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
... How much is there to know about UTAU? If this was a joke, and it was about 5 pages long, I'd understand. Something classified as a "textbook" just seems ridiculous.

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
... How much is there to know about UTAU? If this was a joke, and it was about 5 pages long, I'd understand. Something classified as a "textbook" just seems ridiculous.
There is a LOT of usage that can be explained indepth.
The crossfade buttons alone could be over half a page (including picture examples)

This is far from a joke, I'm sorry of I led you to believe otherwise.

meichan

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
There is a LOT of usage that can be explained indepth.
The crossfade buttons alone could be over half a page (including picture examples)

This is far from a joke, I'm sorry of I led you to believe otherwise.

You're silly xD Very silly. I guess you're making it for the visually impaired if that takes up half a page.

(the joke is that the font would be big, if you didn't get it.)

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Okay, ignoring that remark.

As a notice to those who would like to participate, please PM me, you will need to provide proof of a Solid understanding of the software.
Do to quality concerns, I can only accept users with a decent level of REAL experience.

meichan

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Okay, ignoring that remark.

As a notice to those who would like to participate, please PM me, you will need to provide proof of a Solid understanding of the software.
Do to quality concerns, I can only accept users with a decent level of REAL experience.
:3c awh.

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
My apologies about the delay!
Do to unforeseen and partially related circumstance, I had taken a hiatus for a while.

The project is back up and I am gladly looking for more people who may contribute!

Last edited:

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I am still looking for knowledgeable individuals who can provide their brains for potential sections in the text!

Also looking for anyone interested in proof-reading....but I cannot have everyone be a proof-reader

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
If I recall my memmory correctly, there was a pdf containing quite some information reguarding the program and its features. I'm not 100% sure who it was made by, but I can see if I can find it again and link it or something.

[EDIT]
Found it~

Last edited: