Utau im project ( Unable to complete. )

SugarSweetVenom

Momo's Minion
Please Read:
I'm afraid without funds this project is virtually impossible for me to complete. I looked into a multitude of resources and none of them really seemed to pan out for me whatsoever. If someone could actually follow through with this idea than I encourage it and would be honored if you let me join your staff. I might just settle with making an utau skype group for anybody interested in getting to know more members.

I was thinking of making an utau im program where utau users can interact with each other, nothing complicated just standard functions. However it won't be completely non-frills, I mean I would like to have a nice design for the program. Stuff like this is easier said then done, and sadly I have no real clue as to what I am doing ... that's where you come in.

I'm looking for someone with enough experience with technology to aid me in this project.  You don't have to start off from scratch, I have read that you can edit distributed source codes to your desire as long as it's allowed by the website or company. So I hope that takes a little pressure off of you.

Anyway let me know if your interested, there is no rush for time on this project and I open to ideas. Just leave a comment if you're interested in joining or just want to see this happen. Also feel free to pm me with any ideas.

Side note:
. This program/website is supposed to be the latter. Meaning it's an alternative to Skype/Twitter/Msn/Aim/Facebook/etc .

. Some people just don't like to call, so this site/program is in respect to people who rather type then talk.

. The main purpose of this project is to make a hangout for utau users so they can get to know each other and kick back. Especially for night time users who are looking for a conversation when all the younger users are asleep.

. Some people don't really like forums all that much because to be honest forums go extremely slow, and there is no guarantee your thread will thrive. So this program would be for users who like to live things a little more fast paced.

. This site/program will focus more on actual conversation, and getting to know more people involved in the utau community. Depending on how we manage to pull this off if it's a website you can defiantly advertise your stuff in the same fashion, if it's a program you can advertise yourself in your sig and profile if it is available.

Twilight Tulip

Teto's Territory
Re: Utau im project

If you can find a place to host a simple chatroom, that would be pretty cool. I liked the chat function on UTAU Online but it would be nice to have seperate rooms and such.

It's definitely a nice idea, good luck!

SugarSweetVenom

Momo's Minion

Twilight Tulip link said:
If you can find a place to host a simple chatroom, that would be pretty cool. I liked the chat function on UTAU Online but it would be nice to have seperate rooms and such.

It's definitely a nice idea, good luck!
Thank you very much, I appreciate the support. Some of the other members and I get quite lonely/bored when the younger members have to go to sleep, so I thought it'd be cool to have a place for the night owls to roost ( Oh god XD ~ ! ) .

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

You could try to make something like Pesterchum. (Oh God I dropped the bomb) Or just get a separate memo on Pesterchum where the UTAU folk gather.

SugarSweetVenom

Momo's Minion

smeen link said:
You could try to make something like Pesterchum. (Oh God I dropped the bomb) Or just get a separate memo on Pesterchum where the UTAU folk gather.
I would love to make a tiny im program believe me, the thing is I'm not too knowledgeable about programs and technology. I was thinking of something simple like the old aim or msn, only not ugly XD ;; . Fairly decorated but not teaming with complexity. Well I guess the pesterchum thing isn't so bad I just don't think a lot of people would download it just for the sake of meeting more members. Some people don't really like homestuck ya' know :U ?

I know some people might just say something like " Well why not just add people to your skype/ twitter/ tumblr/ facebook/msn??? " but they don't realize some people are just not comfortable with sharing that info. So I thought it'd make it easier to have a separate site/program just for utau users who want to chat and get to know each other.

Twilight Tulip

Teto's Territory

Yeah, I almost made that suggestion. It would definitely be easier to just have a site to go to, but in all honestly, people could also make separate accounts for chatting with online people.

SugarSweetVenom

Momo's Minion

Twilight Tulip link said:
Yeah, I almost made that suggestion. It would definitely be easier to just have a site to go to, but in all honestly, people could also make separate accounts for chatting with online people.
Point taken. Some people are genuinely shy and can't jump into physical talking right away, they like to know each other then decide wither or not to give out there skype. That and some people just aren't available for call because of x reason in there life. Also the point of this project is to make a server for people who rather not use the alternative but still get to know fellow members.

Sylphique

Momo's Minion

In theory I think Its a neat idea, and I support it - u -.
Although because there are alternatives it'll be hard to actually get people using it -actively?. Something like this would be more effective if it was combined with another idea.
I cant explain it well but;
ie. an online drawing chat -except don't actually do this, because not everyone in the Utau community is an artist /etc.
If you combine it with something that gives people a reason to uniquely use it instead of skype, etc, then it'll work.
And by the way it is absolutely vital you do not have creepy emoticons, because the emoticons on the index chat are very scary.
Either way I'm willing to offer my help with Graphics and/or Web design if you do choose to go through with it.

SugarSweetVenom

Momo's Minion

Shiruaki:
I've run into many snags trying to think this thing through, I appreciate the feedback and will take it into consideration. A big problem I face is not having money to buy an actual domain, if I could find a website that would host my site for free that would just take care of one problem. I want people to actually be able to log into the site and have profiles of their own and such. I don't know many free sites that let you do that much so I'm stuck.

At least if I get a dev team of sorts we can edit a preexisting software in order to create a chat program for other utau users. Which would in it's self be a miracle. If I had that going for me replacing all the skins would be as easy as pie since we would just be replacing png files.

Yeah, replacing the programs/sites emotes was one of the first things on my mind. Talk about P-u ! I was so spoiled by anime emotes that most emotes look hideous.

Thanks for the offer, if you can help with any of this dilemma please let me know :'D ?

Sylphique

Momo's Minion

SugarSweetVenom:

Well after a quick google.
I found this site, and the name sounded pretty cute.

http://www.yuku.com/
-Sounds more like a social site than what you need, and for barely no work at all -no developers needed. I do not know the extent of its customization as it's just a quick google. But if it allows you to minimalise its content to just a profile and chat, and edit things like emotes(if it has any),  it may be what you're looking for.
Its probably the short-cut route, free and easy for anyone to make.
There are probably more things like this all over the web. +

Nowadays google really does find nearly everything.

SugarSweetVenom

Momo's Minion

シルアキ | Shiruaki link said:
SugarSweetVenom:

Well after a quick google.
I found this site, and the name sounded pretty cute.

http://www.yuku.com/
-Sounds more like a social site than what you need, and for barely no work at all -no developers needed. I do not know the extent of its customization as it's just a quick google. But if it allows you to minimalise its content to just a profile and chat, and edit things like emotes(if it has any),  it may be what you're looking for.
Its probably the short-cut route, free and easy for anyone to make.
There are probably more things like this all over the web. +

Nowadays google really does find nearly everything.
Gah, thanks for the help! I just started looking into the website thing and it's starting to bum me out.  A lot if not all the free social net working maker sites have limits on just about everything, one even had a limit to how many members can join! 

Bunch of snake in the grasses, I know that they need to make money too but I really wasn't looking for much. I don't even really need a forum as much, so that's why I was considering making this project an im program. I just wanted it to be about instant messaging so a program would be more appropriate. Because it would just be that and profiles to let people customize a bit.

Sylphique

Momo's Minion
That's what I'd thought you say xD.
Yeah limits are everywhere - n -.
If it were me, I'd probably just learn the necessary knowledge about how to develop it myself and then go through with it because it really annoys me when there's something I want to do, but cant. But not everyone is that type of person, moreover people often hate the studying part. Anyways, I wish you luck on finding what/people you need o uo.

SugarSweetVenom

Momo's Minion
シルアキ | Shiruaki link said:
That's what I'd thought you say xD.
Yeah limits are everywhere - n -.
If it were me, I'd probably just learn the necessary knowledge about how to develop it myself and then go through with it because it really annoys me when there's something I want to do, but cant. But not everyone is that type of person, moreover people often hate the studying part. Anyways, I wish you luck on finding what/people you need o uo.
Thanks, you've been a wonderful help through and through. I'm really happy you helped me and sorry if I wasted any of your efforts ;  w ; .