Video Dojo Expo Goat-1! VDE Returns!

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Okay so basically, to put the story short for those uninitiated:
LearnMMD for a time used to host a little thing called a Video Dojo Expo.
After having written for LearnMMD for a while, and the 5th one having appeared in the summer of 2020, I asked why ol' Reggie didn't host any more.
Quite simply, the entire thing was fully manual and quite the bother to go through.
So I asked a couple weeks after New Years: "Hey lemme have a go at hosting it, and the theme will be the very same thing that got you so bloody hyped to add me as a writer"
And so here we are.

Video Dojo Expo returns with a twist or three!​

This time, yours truly will be hosting it.
Most VDEs with exception to 1 and 4 had a certain theme to it, but this one will be wildly different, as things always are with me around.
This VDE will be about being unique and creative. Not the wishy-washy talk, I want to see people push their minds to their limits. 'cept if they're a natural at being strange, as I am.
I want the contestants not to speak, but to really demonstrate how unique and creative they are. How willing they are to push convention or even break it entirely.

With that in mind, there are some rules:
PEGI-12, or PG-13-Restrictive. I don't want smexual appeal to ruin the entire contest. Plus, there's children here.
You are not to push your political or other stupid ideologies, or even have them in your video at all. Unless your ideology is Praise Teto And Explode Miku Into Bloody Giblets, it's most likely political.
1674648358280.png
Not that I'd ever model a crotch or panties on any of my Teto models.

Those are actually the two rules you have to follow.
However, since this isn't like VDE1 and VDE 4, this means that you have to think outside your comfort zone.

Your model choice matters in judgement. If you're using common and well-known models, then your chances of winning will go down. Therefore, it's recommended to spend some time searching around for new models, and by new, I mean obscure models everyone forgot about. As for grabbing discontinued models off archives... I totally don't hoard discontinued models off archives, no siree!
Just try to avoid it. I'm not exactly in the mood to create too much controversy. But it won't get you disqualified for simply using them.
Models made out of bases and parts also count as the original model the base came from, so your "unique" model made out of a TDA base will be counted as a TDA model and will be treated as a TDA model.
Oh yeah, and do, actually, credit the motions and models used properly.

If you're making a music video, or you're using music to begin with, that will also be judged, but a bit differently. It will be judged on two fronts: Popularity within the MMD/VCLD/UTAU sphere, and popularity worldwide. Making a California Girls music video, while unusual within MMD (I think) is popular worldwide, and so it won't get you many points in judgement.
I'd give an example of unique music, but then that would make people flock to that, and ruin the entire purpose of having it be unique, so screw that. You can also abandon music entirely or grab some random DAW and make ambiance or use some other ambiance, as I do.

There are two winner categories this time, instead of just the one. Due to the subject of this VDE, it's not much use just making it a popularity contest, so I will also join in judging.

NordGeit's Picks. Seeing how I've demonstrated to not care about convention, and how I never fit in anywhere except exclusively with misfits, I'd make a good judge for this.
And then there's Crowd Favourites, which people vote on. There is a teeny, tiny chance I might just discard it entirely if the Crowd Favourites are absolutely and horribly mundane...

The winners will get added to the Hall of Champions and get a The Making Of... Article on LearnMMD, as it was with the last five.​

Submissions end April 1st, NordGeit time. (Norwegian Timezone)​

So, here's a bunch of links:
Original VDE-G1 LearnMMD post
The announcement video on Reggie's channel and my channel
Link to submit your entry
Link to check approved submissions to vote on

If you were making a unique UTAU cover or an original song, this is a great way to get some exposure if you make it good enough. Even better if you're a beginner and you are disconnected from the MMD sphera, since there's a higher chance you may look at the tools at your disposal and understand what you can do instead of what everyone else is doing.

I hope at least someone here becomes interested in this.