Welcome to UtaForum 3.5!

Welcome to UtaForum 3.5.
Like the old one, but better...

As I am sure many of you have noticed UtaForum has been suffering from problems as of late. Long story short our old server was getting attacked by spammers, SpamAssasin the program that fights SPAM kept overloading and crashing the server.

The server crashed during a DB write session and certain tables on the old UtaForum corrupted and were unable to be repaired, things continued to get progressively worse, as I frantically tried to patch everything together till it all came to ahead with what we had last week. New threads were unable to be made and everything was half broken.

In the end the staff conversed and the best solution was to migrate away from SMF 2, the old forum software we were using. It was buggy and beyond redemption. Instead we moved everything, the server, our software, and the entire database. All the members, passwords, threads, and posts we able to be successfully moved into the new-ish UtaForum.

Some things were lost, the PMs for one, and user avatars and custom profile fields. In the end those were all minor details. If there was something missing that didn't make the move you can still access the Old Utaforum at old.utaforum.net.

There is still some work under the hood to be done, but expect another update about all the new features and goodies our new software has over the old one. Initially the goal was to be exactly like the Old UtaForum, but I couldn't reset some upgrades/plugins.

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I only can be extremely shocked while seeing this after I went hiatus for three months! Needless to say, this is much better especially since the thread can be found easily.