Your opinion on furry/anthro UTAUs?

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I feel neutral about these furry/anthro UTAU characters. It depends on how UTAU creators create their design and voice. If their voices are unique, I may try to listen to songs featuring this UTAUs.

Angel

Momo's Minion
Some of them are really cute and I like their voices.
But I agree with the whole over-humanizing thing with muscles and such. Kind of puts me off.
But I like most of them.
I like it when people draw anthros with either using more animalistic features or going really cartoony.

Light

Momo's Minion
I don't really mind them, mainly because for some weird reason all the furries I know sound really good

Eco

Momo's Minion
I'm half and half...

I thing the furry muscular male utau thing is getting ridiculous...

But they are fine as long as the design is original and there are not 24 thousand foxes or something.

I do lose respect for the User/creator of that utau as soon as I find it getting rustled on a different site though...
I know this is almost a decade old, but I wanted to throw my two cents in, to be honest that's a perfectly valid opinion to have.

Honestly? I've been such a hypocrite in this sense, since I used to get annoyed when I saw NSFW of anthropomorphic UTAU, the reason I got annoyed at it was because I saw it as a way of selling yourself via well... Sex appeal, but nowadays I sort of have a more lax attitude to it, probably because I draw NSFW sometimes and know personally it's because I aren't using it as a way to sell myself, for me it's purely expression and creativity, so I try and keep an open mind when it comes to others too.

Having said that though... It is a bit weird for me personally when I see anthro-utau do songs, but then feature artwork of a sexual nature/borderline, (massivebulges) *cough* and I do definitely think that is more common in furry utau, rather than none-furry. For me it's just personal preference, but I aren't a fan of that and feel it is a bit inappropriate, but... At the same time it's THEIR character, I just know if it were me it would make me feel weird, then again I guess this already sort of exists in the real world with actual singers, I guess ultimately it comes down to what you value and if it takes away from the "art".

As for the uploading to another site thing, I have done that, but specifically because I don't wanna expose people to that stuff, if they don't wanna see it. I feel like if I liked a character in a totally innocent way, seeing it any other way could be quite, uncomfortable or at worse hurtful, so if I can avoid doing that for people I would rather keep it more private, y'know?

As for furry utau I like? Errr... Probably just my friends honestly? Weak answer I know.. But I don't really pick favourites, furry or not, any can sound good if they're tuned right, so I just tend to favour those I've built an emotional connection with, via their creator.

feelingiconiic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This is an old thread like magicoone said, but i saw it pop up in the chat and i want to throw my two cents in lol. When it come's to UTAUs, DeepVocal banks, etc being furries, its definitely a turn-off for me and i dont gravitate towards them (even if they sound good). I personally don't really like anything "furry", but here's the thing; they aren't my UTAUs. The beauty of the UTAU community is to have such unique and personal voicebanks with a broad range of different aesthetics, sounds, and concepts. And these characters must mean alot to their creators. While, liek i said, I don't gravitate towards them and it is somewhat of a turn off for me, i can still appreciate the hard work and dedication that these creators have put into their UTAUs. With all that being said, I literally have a strawberry representing my SuMAIKO voicebank.... so ig i cant say THAT much lmfao

Reactions: August and Lycoris

happymuffin14

Momo's Minion
They are weird and why tf do they to the have the tails, the ears weird I don't like them. They have tails, only animals have tails. They look like dogs, I seen one a bird, I like birds but they have ears I don't like them.

Last edited:

Lycoris

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
they are ok. I don't think I would make one considering i struggle with drawing anthros, but many of them are really nice. I like it when they have alternate human designs.

Cyberbison

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm not a furry but I'm like.. a furry ally? If that's a thing? like I support their thing and I do envy their community and all. For some reason, furry male VB's are hot AF and they usually have the best song choices for male voices too?? like??
Post automatically merged:

They are weird and why tf do they to the have the tails, the ears weird I don't like them. They have tails, only animals have tails. They look like dogs, I seen one a bird, I like birds but they have ears I don't like them.
I mean.. most furry characters are animal or at least animal-like :D IDK I might've gone old and hippie, but I can imagine a pumpkin having a voice. So imagining a character that's half human half dog, having a singing voice, doesn't take much work these days lol

happymuffin14

Momo's Minion
I'm not a furry but I'm like.. a furry ally? If that's a thing? like I support their thing and I do envy their community and all. For some reason, furry male VB's are hot AF and they usually have the best song choices for male voices too?? like??

I mean.. most furry characters are animal or at least animal-like :D IDK I might've gone old and hippie, but I can imagine a pumpkin having a voice. So imagining a character that's half human half dog, having a singing voice, doesn't take much work these days lol
ok, the second paragraph changed my mind. PIUMPKIN HAVING A VOICE KFJSDA;FJASDKLF;A OMG THAT WOULD BE CUTE

Cyberbison

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
ok, the second paragraph changed my mind. PIUMPKIN HAVING A VOICE KFJSDA;FJASDKLF;A OMG THAT WOULD BE CUTE
It's already happening!!

happymuffin14

Momo's Minion
It's already happening!!

ksjdfkseldjfksl;fjlaj;d OKMG OM GOM GO<G Oiohasdk;l
A PUMKIN UTAU OMG kl;fjadf;

Kazumimi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
As long as they don't venture into a uncanny-valley territory and have a good voice, I don't have any particular opinion on them. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and as long as the creator is harming themselves or anyone else, then have at it! UTAU making should be fun!:wink:

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
If their voicebank's good, I don't care. Unless it's one of those UTAU OC concept type of characters that don't really have a voicebank yet and we're looking at them from a character/artistic point of view, then I'm not a big fan. Furry art isn't really my cup of tea so I kinda just ignore.

Yomi

Momo's Minion
w
I'm half and half...

I thing the furry muscular male utau thing is getting ridiculous...

But they are fine as long as the design is original and there are not 24 thousand foxes or something.

I do lose respect for the User/creator of that utau as soon as I find it getting rustled on a different site though...
what do you mean by getting rustled on another site?

goat:D

Momo's Minion
don't mind them. But please, do be original and choose something unusual, like a goat or something

actually
just make a goat utau
always goats
OnlyGoats
OnlyGoats? o-o That sounds like OnlyFans but for goats
:o NorthGoat

I don't mind furrys, there fine :smile:

Reactions: feelingiconiic