Resource icon

Resource Insanity Basics reclist 210530

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Kiyoteru submitted a new resource:

Insanity Basics reclist - VCV Japanese: efficiency pushed to the extreme

This reclist comes from an old series of reclists I wrote years ago, called Insanity. The rest of that series has since been abandoned, as their methods are no longer relevant with the knowledge we have today. However, this particular reclist may still be useful.

It covers every VCV for every Japanese syllable as efficiently as possible. No extras: no "fa fi fe fo" or "ti tu di du". To ensure that [- cv] samples occur only once for each syllable, strings can get quite long, up to 11...

Read more about this resource...

Melomad

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hi!
I know this is a bit old, but I noticed a tiny mistake. There are two "bibi" strings, "びびぶびべびんび " and "びびべぶぼぶんぶ". However the second one should be a "bubu" string (since there are none), like this "ぶぶべぶぼぶんぶ".
Even thought this is an easy fix, I figured you would like to know about this so you can fix it for future downloaders.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hi!
I know this is a bit old, but I noticed a tiny mistake. There are two "bibi" strings, "びびぶびべびんび " and "びびべぶぼぶんぶ". However the second one should be a "bubu" string (since there are none), like this "ぶぶべぶぼぶんぶ".
Even thought this is an easy fix, I figured you would like to know about this so you can fix it for future downloaders.

Thanks for catching this! I'll have it updated in just a moment.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello! Why doesn't exist any "ye" entry? It's a sound that didn't exist in japanese?

Ahh, and if you don't care I'm splitting your reclist to be a 2 mora reclist. I won't post it anywhere, I'm just doing this to record my own utau with more accuracy.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello! Why doesn't exist any "ye" entry? It's a sound that didn't exist in japanese?

Ahh, and if you don't care I'm splitting your reclist to be a 2 mora reclist. I won't post it anywhere, I'm just doing this to record my own utau with more accuracy.
You are correct, "ye" is not a standard Japanese syllable. There is no unique kana for "ye", so it is typically represented as イェ.

You're free to make edits for strictly personal use. However, the design of Insanity Basics is to cover every essential VCV sample in as few strings as possible, so cutting the reclist into smaller strings is a bit counter-productive. If you're recording every individual VCV sound, you don't really need to base it on someone else's reclist. Simply take a standard CV reclist and record it 7 times: no prefix, "a" prefix, "i" prefix, "u" prefix, "e" prefix, "o" prefix, and "n" prefix.

Reactions: Big_B

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ohh, I got it! I take yours because it was saying that there is every sound in the japanese, so i thought it should be easier and more safe to make a vcv 2 mora reclist by splitting yours. But I agree, maybe it's easier if I did it with a CV, but it's kinda finished so i think I will end it xD

I know that question can be kinda dumb, but if I'm recording every VCV sound individually it will still being a VCV VB, right? And more important, if I'm doing a 2 mora VCV VB I still need to record it with in a rythm(like oremo)?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Recording individual VCV samples will still result in a VCV voicebank when the aliases are configured in a standard way.

You can use whatever technique you want, but recording in long strings of multiple syllables gives you the advantage of a consistent singing tone. Using a metronome or guideBGM will allow you to ensure that each syllable is the same length. Using a pitch guide or guideBGM will allow you to ensure that every sample is recorded at the same pitch. Multiple syllables in one recording, especially when recorded slowly, will encourage you to sing each syllable properly instead of speaking them.

If you have difficulties with breathing enough for super long strings, you may want to look into 5 mora VCV reclists to still get the same benefits of recording multiple syllables in one string. Additionally, it would be beneficial for anyone recording a voicebank to do vocal warmups and exercises (there are many available on youtube) and practice singing, even if you have no intentions of becoming a singer yourself.

Reactions: Big_B

OpalReflections

Momo's Minion
When loading into OREMO I am getting a few repeated strings and strings that are blank in romaji with the reclist, is there something I loaded incorrectly?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
When loading into OREMO I am getting a few repeated strings and strings that are blank in romaji with the reclist, is there something I loaded incorrectly?
To load the reclist in OREMO
  1. Click on File > Load Voice List > Select the file named "insanity basics reclist.txt" or "insanity basics short reclist.txt"
  2. Click on File > Load comment file > Select the file named "OREMO-comment.txt" corresponding with the reclist you selected, standard or short.

OpalReflections

Momo's Minion
To more explain what I mean, I posted a pic of what each line corresponds to in my Oremo. I Checked with another rec list and it came up fine, then reloaded Insanity Basics Standard and the comment but this is what is still coming up for me. I hope this explains it a bit better.image.jpg

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
To more explain what I mean, I posted a pic of what each line corresponds to in my Oremo. I Checked with another rec list and it came up fine, then reloaded Insanity Basics Standard and the comment but this is what is still coming up for me. I hope this explains it a bit better.View attachment 10760
It looks like you haven't set your locale correctly before downloading and installing OREMO. Please follow these instructions to fix it, then delete and redownload OREMO.

Reactions: OpalReflections