Kiyoteru submitted a new resource:

Insanity Basics reclist - VCV Japanese: efficiency pushed to the extreme

Read more about this resource...

VocAddict and na4a4a like this.
  3. Melomad

Melomad Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Hi!
    I know this is a bit old, but I noticed a tiny mistake. There are two "bibi" strings, "びびぶびべびんび " and "びびべぶぼぶんぶ". However the second one should be a "bubu" string (since there are none), like this "ぶぶべぶぼぶんぶ".
    Even thought this is an easy fix, I figured you would like to know about this so you can fix it for future downloaders.

Kiyoteru likes this.
  4. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Thanks for catching this! I'll have it updated in just a moment.

5. Kiyoteru

Trophy Points
    Melomad and Line Gheist like this.
  6. Kiyoteru

Trophy Points
  7. Kiyoteru

Trophy Points
  8. IDOL★TRASH

IDOL★TRASH Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    Hi Kiyoteru, pls fix the link thanks

Kiyoteru likes this.
  9. Kiyoteru

Trophy Points
    Big_B and IDOL★TRASH like this.
  10. Big_B

Big_B Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    Hello! Why doesn't exist any "ye" entry? It's a sound that didn't exist in japanese?

Ahh, and if you don't care I'm splitting your reclist to be a 2 mora reclist. I won't post it anywhere, I'm just doing this to record my own utau with more accuracy.

11. Kiyoteru

Trophy Points
    You are correct, "ye" is not a standard Japanese syllable. There is no unique kana for "ye", so it is typically represented as イェ.

You're free to make edits for strictly personal use. However, the design of Insanity Basics is to cover every essential VCV sample in as few strings as possible, so cutting the reclist into smaller strings is a bit counter-productive. If you're recording every individual VCV sound, you don't really need to base it on someone else's reclist. Simply take a standard CV reclist and record it 7 times: no prefix, "a" prefix, "i" prefix, "u" prefix, "e" prefix, "o" prefix, and "n" prefix.

Big_B likes this.
  12. Big_B

Big_B Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    Ohh, I got it! I take yours because it was saying that there is every sound in the japanese, so i thought it should be easier and more safe to make a vcv 2 mora reclist by splitting yours. But I agree, maybe it's easier if I did it with a CV, but it's kinda finished so i think I will end it xD

I know that question can be kinda dumb, but if I'm recording every VCV sound individually it will still being a VCV VB, right? And more important, if I'm doing a 2 mora VCV VB I still need to record it with in a rythm(like oremo)?

13. Kiyoteru

Trophy Points
    Recording individual VCV samples will still result in a VCV voicebank when the aliases are configured in a standard way.

You can use whatever technique you want, but recording in long strings of multiple syllables gives you the advantage of a consistent singing tone. Using a metronome or guideBGM will allow you to ensure that each syllable is the same length. Using a pitch guide or guideBGM will allow you to ensure that every sample is recorded at the same pitch. Multiple syllables in one recording, especially when recorded slowly, will encourage you to sing each syllable properly instead of speaking them.

If you have difficulties with breathing enough for super long strings, you may want to look into 5 mora VCV reclists to still get the same benefits of recording multiple syllables in one string. Additionally, it would be beneficial for anyone recording a voicebank to do vocal warmups and exercises (there are many available on youtube) and practice singing, even if you have no intentions of becoming a singer yourself.

Big_B likes this.
  14. Kiyoteru

Trophy Points