Multiple VBs in UTAU

soumatsushima97

Momo's Minion
(Wow, there are many Defoko's emoticons here... XD)

Ah, moshi-moshi~! I'm a new user ^^ Yoroshiku! :sing:

Now I've been thinking... I've read UTAU User Manual all the time (That made me a bit creep because I have to research on using UTAU o3o) and there are nothing said about using multiple VBs in UTAU.

I'm creating a LOID band and it consists of four members, and all of them sing, and of course, multiple voicebanks in an UST is a MUST. And I'm a bit confused and unsure to this...

There is a forum (or web, I forgot) saying that we can't insert multiple VBs in an UST. I hope that is entirely not true! :cry:

By the way, I didn't created the VB yet, actually, but I'm just making sure to make VBs I created didn't waste space...

Sylveranty

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
First, welcome to the forum!

Though you can indeed only let one UTAU sing an UST at a time, there's nothing to stop you rendering the UST with different UTAUs. Say, you render it with UTAU 1 and safe it. Then you do the same with UTAU 2 etc.
In a program like Audacity you can then edit when who is singing. You'll import every rendered .wav file and if you want only UTAU 1 singing the first two lines or so, then you'll select that part in the other .wav's and Generate -> Silence (eh, I don't know how Audacity's descriptions are in English...)

If this sounds complicated, I'm really sorry. But I could try to explain it further, if you want? With screenshots for example. And I'm sure other users here can help you with that, too.

And I hope I understood your problem right. If I didn't, tell me and try to elaborate your problem a bit. (<--- That'd be nice either way)

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
You just have to make separate UST parts (unlike in, say, VOCALOID, where you just have different tracks and they show underneath each other). Unfortunately this is hell for timing sometimes. You could always make a base MIDI in something that supports multiple tracks, though, and import each track separately and take it from there so there's none of that fluffing around with timing in UTAU (or guessing harmonies).

In the case of premade USTs, they come in "parts". So say there's a Len, Kaito, Gakupo original, and you just got the UST. Chances are it'll have a len.ust, gakupo.ust, kaito.ust, and at least one harmony.ust contained in the package.

TO sum up, we've been asking Ameya (UTAU's creator) for Multitrack support for a while, and it seems he's got it somewhat working for Mac, but Windows UTAU is out of the question for now.

Sorry.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If they don't need to sing at the same time, you could try doing something that's usually only done for single UTAUs. Put all the banks as subfolders of the same "bank", and have them all with suffixes. Then you can use a specific suffix whenever you want a certain singer! But you will still need to make multiple USTs if you want them to sing at the same time.

soumatsushima97

Momo's Minion
So what I do really need is to make multiple USTs to be edited then in Audacity?

:cry:

The replies are quite helpful for me. Sankyuu~!

And by the way,
Sylveranty said:
If this sounds complicated, I'm really sorry. But I could try to explain it further, if you want? With screenshots for example. And I'm sure other users here can help you with that, too.
No need to! Sankyuu! (_ _)

Sylveranty

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
You mean another way than to render an UST multiple times with different UTAUs and then chopping it together in Audacity? No, there isn't.
Do you have problems with anything?

ShawnRexx

Momo's Minion
No. Seperate USTs are needed for this, and then to be edited in a DAW. Ask me any questions if you'd like!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Chizu it was already answered

And haven't you heard about my Bandom Joker experiment?