• If you do not recieve your confirmation email within a few hours, please email haloutau@gmail.com with your username for manual validation. Your account should be activated within 24 hours.
    You may also reach out via any other listed contact on Admin Halo's about page: https://utaforum.net/members/halo.194/#about

any tips on achieving realistic tuning?

kuraiyappari

Momo's Minion
hello there. ive been using openutau for around 5 months (i think). but i think my tuning skills are bad, i want my tuning to sound realistic but i kind of always fail achieving that kind of goal.

ive been wondering, what are the things you need to do to get realistic tuning as a result? im latetly practicing my tuning but i always end up not liking the results. probably because i dont think it sounds that good.

here's my latest tuning practice sounds like(song: rolling girl - wowaka, ust by RenjiTakuma, voicebank used: namine ritsu nani ka ga kire):

thank you so much to anyone who'll replyyyy (btw im new here so i dont really know how this website works lol)(and sorry if my English sounds weird too lol)
Post automatically merged:

i should've post this thread under the utahelp omg im so sorry

Last edited:

iXari3l

Teto's Territory
I can only advice two things:

1- Sing it yourself and try to imitate it
2- Use a software like Newtone or Melodyne, put a vocal only audio of the song you need (you can put a part you sing yourself) and try to imitate the pitch line that the software shows

Both methods have been helpful for me, though the first one is more a thing of "hearing" and the second is more visual.

Nowadays I don't achieve "realistic" tuning by itself but more how I feel the UTAU's character would sing it
(this has been surprisingly more helpful personally in matters of tuning, but I don't think this last comment is helpful to your question. wanted to add it anyways)

Reactions: kuraiyappari

kuraiyappari

Momo's Minion
I can only advice two things:

1- Sing it yourself and try to imitate it
2- Use a software like Newtone or Melodyne, put a vocal only audio of the song you need (you can put a part you sing yourself) and try to imitate the pitch line that the software shows

Both methods have been helpful for me, though the first one is more a thing of "hearing" and the second is more visual.

Nowadays I don't achieve "realistic" tuning by itself but more how I feel the UTAU's character would sing it
(this has been surprisingly more helpful personally in matters of tuning, but I don't think this last comment is helpful to your question. wanted to add it anyways)
thank you so much! <33