(Beginner UTAU user) When using Ruko Yokune ♂ voicebank. it sounds really robotic illiterate.

Liliaceae

Momo's Minion
So I couldn't find any threads talking about it so I'll make one.
I just started UTAU yesterday, set up everything I could try to understand and looked through tutorials. When I first tried using Ruko Yokune, it was good, able to understand. But then after installing a faster Resampler.exe (Resampler Patcher 1.4) and some extra Ruko voicebanks (Whisper and Continuous). I come to retest the vocal and it's completely static robotic. I tried fixing it by going through file relocation, put all the Ruko Files together, deleting it and putting it back, looking through some reset voice effects or whatever. I looked through samples and the voice is normal so the .wav.faq files' not corrupted.
And I'm using this in Win11.

Can someone help me please? Or give me an explanation on what might happened? Thank you for reading!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Could you share what it sounds like? You can upload audio clips to a website like whyp.it

Liliaceae

Momo's Minion
Oh, I figured out what was the problem. It was the Resampler Repatch that made the voice all robotic static. (I used TIPS and it sounds more clearer) But now that I fixed that, the voice itself is very... Screech Loud. I'm using Power 1.01 version and I tried testing out the other voicebanks and put them into the voice folders in UTAU program files, they don't work. Like no sample can be played nor does it make any sounds. Tried using a UST (Bitter Choco Decoration, I think is a CVC or CVVC UST) and realizing that UST is not really supported with the 1.01 voicebank, I downloading some plugins, putting them in Romaji to Hiragana and now I'm also having that problem of it not converting to Hiragana.... This is very hard very fast... :sad:

Ibis

Teto's Territory
1. With the other voicebanks you are trying, are you still using TIPS? In my experience, TIPS is sort of a picky resampler and only works for certain Utauloids. Try testing them out with the standard resampler or downloading a new one and seeing if they work then. The problem may also be that they are a different kind of voicebank than you think. Assuming they read hiragana, try testing them out with the notes “あ” (indicating a Cv or CVVC) “a あ” indicating a VCV and “a k” which is an ending for CVVC. Some voicebanks will be able to say more than one.

2. Yokune Ruko’s KIRE (or power) voicebank can only sing VCV notes (such as “a あ”. VCV means vowel consonant vowel, so there will always be a vowel or an n in front of the note.

3. With to romaji to hiragana converter, it is only able to convert cv notes “あ” to hiragana. if you remove the vowel in front of the note, it should be able to convert it. once it’s converted, type the vowel back in or use a plug in such as iriro to do it for you. (personally i’ve never used a voicebank where the notes look like “a ka”, but i suppose it’s possible). if it’s a cvvc ust it will be a lot harder, so at that point i would try and find a VCV ust.