Biggest voicebank you have? (compressed and uncompressed)

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I personally like to combined appends into one voicebank so I can use them all at once.

The biggest voicebank that I have is Ooka Miko's voicebank (I complied all of her first-form VCV voicebanks with her extra library) which is 583 MB in a RAR file.
But when uncompressed, it's 1.03 GB (very destructive looking, I know. I dare someone to beat this.)

Second place goes to Namine Ritsu's Kire voicebank (added with Shout, Power, and Strong ending breath) making it 363 MB as a ZIP file and 416 MB when uncompressed.

Also, do RAR files compress more? I checked, and it does. Even more greatly when higher the memory it consumes. Compared to a ZIP, it's about 2/5 to a third less.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think that RARs are compressed more. As for the largest bank I have... Probably one of the English ones I have. I don't feel like checking.

isengaara

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Recently I installed Namine Ritsu Connect, which is about 400 MB. Unlike normal voicebanks Connect voicebanks do not come with wave files, the come with a format based on Vorbis and MFCCs. Vorbis is a compression algorithms with a factor of about 10.
Unpacking the Vorbis compressed data could make the voicebank sized 4GB.