can anyone help

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
First order of business:
Did you get it from the official place?
Oftentimes those who reupload stuff might do a little trolling and include some sussy stuff
Second order:
Where is your UTAU, as well as your plugin, installed?
Sometimes, putting it in the wrong directory will set off all sorts of stuff. I just put it in my user directory, and it works fine.
Third:
If both of the above questions are correctly answered, and nothing is wrong, what antivirus do you have, and, why haven't you axed it yet?
Windows defender alone should be good enough, if on windows.

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
i got it from the official website and i put it in my plugins folder
Where is your plugins folder, and more importiantly, where is your UTAU installation?
If you can't find it, the easy way is to right click the desktop icon or the result in search, then click somewhere along the line of "open file location"

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
my uta installation is in downloads and my plugins is in program files
Okay, first of all, utau installation in downloads is cursed.
Second, yeah, plugins in program files is your issue, windows and most antivirus programs flip out when that happens unless it's been properly installed

Reactions: cloudyyskie

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
but the plugins is in the uta folder
speech incomprehensible
Downloads, desktop, and the Program Files are places where you don't want neither UTAU nor plugins to be.
All of my plugins are stored in the AppData/Roaming/UTAU folder the program generates when you install by dragging a compatible zip file into the UTAU window.
The UTAU installation directory I have is C:/Users/[USERNAME_REDACTED]/UTAU (With UTAU being generated by the installer)
UTAU makes an UTAU folder in AppData/Roaming (If you install minecraft mods on java you might be familiar) where if you drag a compatible zip file onto it, it puts all the files there.
Save all your UTAUs and work, wipe UTAU clean, then try to mirror my setup.
I should really make that preparation and installation part soon...

nneko

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
when i download utau the folder automatically goes in program files
When you install ttenglishinputhelper by drag-n-dropping the zip onto UTAU (while UTAU is running), it will install into UTAU's AppData/Roaming folder.

You end up with two different plugin folders: one in Program Files and one in AppData/Roaming/UTAU.

NordGeit

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
when i download utau the folder automatically goes in program files
I had to create a new VM for this so I wouldn't mess up mine
To fix it completely (Although loss of data will occur, so back up your stuff), you use the installer to uninstall, by choosing the (M) option.1641420148828.png
This uninstalls the program.
When you launch the installer again, you will go through the setup screen.
1641420221413.png
Clicking Next (N) here, you will come to this screen.
1641420246679.png
This is the importiant part where you don't mess up.
Click the funny kanji marked with (R) to set an installation folder.
1641420306293.png
Which, in my case, would be this. Well, sort of, again, this is a virtual machine I set up to demonstrate.
And now we went through the steps of uninstalling and reinstalling UTAU in an actual functional spot.

If your antivirus still goes haywire, there's something wrong with it, and you should uninstall it and wipe it from all your files. You don't really need much more than Common Sense™ and Windows Defender is updated enough.
Post automatically merged:

I have no idea why machines don't like it when UTAU and such is placed in Program Files, but try doing this.

yuxxrr

Momo's Minion
Im struggling with the same issue too. I have no clue what could be wrong. Can anyone help? is there a work around?Screenshot 2023-10-12 195710.png

I had to create a new VM for this so I wouldn't mess up mine
To fix it completely (Although loss of data will occur, so back up your stuff), you use the installer to uninstall, by choosing the (M) option.View attachment 11112
This uninstalls the program.
When you launch the installer again, you will go through the setup screen.
View attachment 11113
Clicking Next (N) here, you will come to this screen.
View attachment 11114
This is the importiant part where you don't mess up.
Click the funny kanji marked with (R) to set an installation folder.
View attachment 11115
Which, in my case, would be this. Well, sort of, again, this is a virtual machine I set up to demonstrate.
And now we went through the steps of uninstalling and reinstalling UTAU in an actual functional spot.

If your antivirus still goes haywire, there's something wrong with it, and you should uninstall it and wipe it from all your files. You don't really need much more than Common Sense™ and Windows Defender is updated enough.

I have no idea why machines don't like it when UTAU and such is placed in Program Files, but try doing this.

Last edited: